Pictus cats

:thumbs: how exciting - it's all coming together now. Re the lighting, check with the chaps over in the DIY section - they give some good advice there :)

Ahhh lighting rigged up and working although I shall add a moonlight light sometime soon. Awaiting the arrival of filter and heater still.
My lfs said a few angels with the 3 pictus would be ok but I thought I'd ask for opinions on here. :D
Hugs,
P.

I'm not an angel expert, but I can't see that being a problem :dunno: as long as obviously you have enough space as Angles can get quite big.

Well with it being a 32g tank with just the 3 cats 2 or 3 angels should, in theory be ok. Maybe one of the smaller species (need to look into it a bit more). There'll be plenty of live plants to hide in, as I believe they like it. I shall see what wiould be most appropriate.
Hugs,
P.

Eeeeeee am excited. Just started the fishless cycle with ammonia today and put in the first two live plants. :D
I only went to the lfs to pick up some white spot medication since some of the community are showing possible white spot on them. Came on very suddenly. The guy in the lfs said it may just be air bubbles but I'm not prepared to take any chances. Being away from tuesday to friday next week I do not wanna come back to very sick or dead fish! :no:
The cats being held at the lfs are looking well despite their tiny accomodation.
Hugs,
P.

It's fine to have the ICH meds to hand, but just don't treat them until you are actually very sure that's what they indeed have :)
Good luck with your ammonia cycle - I know it's not very exciting staring at an empty tank, but it's worth it in the end !

after reading this i started to think considering i only have 1 pictus catfish in my 29 gallon tank i got him a long time ago back when i just had a 10 gallon tank and hes been like one of my only survivors!!! :) but i didnt know they did better in groups ...well mainly cuz im new ot this stuff... hes like my big bruiser patroling the tank for snacks :) with his long whiskers going everywhere kinda cool!! i know he gets very agressive at times cuz i can see the battle marks that him and my silver tip shark/catfish whatever the specific name is ... and its nothign too damaging !! anywayz... :p

I'd take a pic but I only have my mobile and the pic quality turns out naff of the fish.
It is ich dammit. One of the Harlequins has a fair bit on it's tail and fins. The rest have maybe one or two spots only on their tails. Typical just before I'm due to go away too. They're all fine. They aren't flashing or clamping fins or acting anything but happy in fact. Apart from the only platty with no spots who is having the occassional scratch. But even that is more like the odd itch, much like we get. :X
At least I've caught it real early I guess. :rolleyes: Oh and in case anyone asks, both the nitrate and ammonia are 0. Ph 7.7 and temp 26-29degrees C. I need a more accurate temp gauge.
Eeee! Just did an ammonia test on the fishless cycling tank. Ammonia level at 3mg/l. *Bounces* I've never been so thrilled to get a reading. :lol:
Hugs,
P.

Well is the lfs not treating them in the mean time ? :/ Surely they should.......

Oh! No it's not the cats with the ich (as far as I am aware. They looked ok when I went in today.) it's my other fish in my 15g. Came out of the blue really sudden this morning. Being that I'm away when the last dose is due I shall have to ask my Mother to give them it. That itself worries me. :look:
My lfs is on the whole pretty good.
Hugs,
P.

AH ok I misunderstood. Well just treat exactly as per the instructions and good luck ! The number of times I've encountered ich and caught it at the very beginning stages, it always responded very well and I've never lost any fish as a result.

That's good to hear. :thumbs: Suprising how fast it can suddenly crop up. Ah well. At least they all seem well despite it. Now I'm gonna tell my Mum about the cats and angels to come. She loves them almost as much as me. :D
hugs,
P.

Miss Dib Dabs said:
Ahhh lighting rigged up and working although I shall add a moonlight light sometime soon. Awaiting the arrival of filter and heater still.
My lfs said a few angels with the 3 pictus would be ok but I thought I'd ask for opinions on here. :D
Hugs,
P.
I have all of these fish in with a pim pictus, The pictus cat fish seem very friendly with our large feather fin cat fish, The hardly leave each others side, The only thing the pictus catfish has bothered are the neons, It munched them, Small fish am large catfish dont mix :p

3 cory's,
12 tetra's,
Pangasius,
6 angel fish,
A balloon molly,
4 sucking loach
2 large plec's,
2 Feather fin cat fish,
2 blind cave fish,
clown loach,
Bolivan Ram,
3 zebra loach,
Polkadot loach,
4 columbian tetras,
A deformed platty,
6 gourami's
and 2 rainbow fish

my pims are in with
a severum
an rtbs
a festivum
a rainbow cichlid
a gold gourami
a raphael
a senegal bichir

Sounds like you both have a bigger tanks then I do. Damn. Came back from London (yes we were there when things went icky bomb wise. Just around the corner from us in fact. :( ) and thr ammonia and nitrites are all over the place. Could take a while get them back under control. Other fish are all well and happy to see me home. :thumbs:
Am sooooo tired. Did a w/c last night despite being half asleep. Still looks like they've had friends round and thrown a major party in there. :rolleyes: :lol:
Went to see the pictus cats today and they're looking fine still. Not as happy as previously possibly due to the tiny tank they're in currently. Damn my tank still not being ready. :(
Hugs,
P.

Most reactions

Back