Pictus cats

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I have 3 pim. pictus in a 150Gallon with other catfish and they are very active.

In a 32 Gallon You could have 4 or 5 with external filtration. They grow to about 6" usually, and in a good number will not be aggressive towards each other.

Get a couple of bits of driftwood maybe for some hiding spaces, the more knotted the wood, the more hiding places for them.

Ben

Hiding places already set up. Have built up some slate caves and currently have 12 live plants growing in the tank. Thinking about adding something else they can use as hiding places but there's a fair few for the 3 I have on hold. I still have plenty of time to consider things while the tanks still being a nuisance with the nitrites.
I have only 1 piece of bogwood in the tank at present but am looking out for a really nice piece at a local place that gets it in.
My older cat loves sitting on the tank already. Good job the lid doesn't allow for any naughty paws that feel like going astray. :lol:
Ah wish I had room for a tank that size. Biggest I can get away with would be 50-60G max. But I want some smaller tanks first for an endler species tank and several bettas. If I haven't got a half dozen tank before the year is out it'll be a miracle. :rolleyes:
Hugs,
P.

actually i lied, i have 4 pim. pictus! I forgot I had bought another one a few weeks back. lol...

Ben

I've got 4 in my 125 though looks like I have 3 of one variety and 1 of the other(I think columbian vs. peru) and unfortunately the 3 don't school with the 1.

But they are active fish and always looking for food.

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00800.jpg

DSC00835.jpg

Ah bless. They still look small. Or is it just the tank size that does that?
Despite the nitrites still being through the proverbial roof have discovered a small snail in the tank, quite happily living among the plants. :rolleyes: I'm gonna leave it for now. I don't mind one little one, especially while it's devoid of fish still.
Hugs,
P.
Edit:Ah just found a second but of a completely different type! The first being about half a centimetre in size at most with a brown shell with yellow spots, and the second being an orangey pink colour somewhat smaller and totally round.

Miss Dib Dabs said:
Ah bless. They still look small. Or is it just the tank size that does that?
Despite the nitrites still being through the proverbial roof have discovered a small snail in the tank, quite happily living among the plants. :rolleyes: I'm gonna leave it for now. I don't mind one little one, especially while it's devoid of fish still.
Hugs,
P.
If you're talking about mine they're about 4 inches. They're just in a 125USG.

Yeah. I think it's the stones/rocks behind them that gives the effect actually. Possibly the angle of pics too. Nice looking tho. Can't wait to get mine. :D
Hugs,
P.

Oopsy, just accidentally won a 280litre tank from a local guy. :*) Now where am I gonna put it! :crazy: :lol:
Hugs,
P.
Edit:It says 280litres but I think it's more like 225-230litres by the measurements given. (That's 57-59usg.) Mmmmmm biiiggggg taaaaannnnkkk. What shall I put in it....actually might use it for the angels and put something else in the cat tank. :shifty: Any ideas anyone?

angels should be fine with pictus's. they inhabit different areas of the tank.

Fed Bloodworms in my tank today.
Man pictus can eat. Their little bellys were all swollen and they were still moving around the tank at warp speed.

Had a change of plan. These sweeties are still going in my 35g but have decided it's not a deep enough tank for angels. So they're going in my 55g. Thing is what to put with the pictus cats instead! I had thought of sailfin mollies but I'd really like some suggestions. Bearing in mind tank size and the pre-destined 3 pictus cats for it. :D
Hugs,
P.

why no pictus's in the 55? then you have a lot more options.

for eth 35 im not sure of teh dimensions but rainbow cichlids are always nice. not too big(5") and if they do end up breeding teh pictus's should take care of teh fry because ive never seen a pictus get attacked

I would put the cats in the 55g but I have 'other plans' for it. :shifty: That and it has a lone platty in it still and I really wouldn't want her becoming a snack. I may change again once a tank is sorted for her to move to. I'm so fickle. :lol: Besides which I've set up the 35 spot on with many live plants and caves to hide in. Looks kewl except for the population explosion of snails, despite my efforts to pull them out. And the nitrAtes going mental, causing algea growth, since I can't yet do a w/c until the NitrItes go down by themselves. :grr:
Hugs,
P.

:hyper: NitrItes are beginning to go down!!! :cool:
Still very high but less then this time yesterday. Can only be a matter of days now and my babies can come home!! I can't stop bouncing. :D
Hugs,
P.

Most reactions

Back