Pictures Of Your Garden

CFC

Leader of the Fishes
Reaction score
Show everyone the results of all your hard work by posting a picture of your garden here, i'll be putting up pics of my garden later in the year because we're just moving house and the garden there needs completely reworking.

Nice thread idea! I've had these two for a couple of years now and still don't know what they are. Anyway, my backyard is a mess and most of what I have is in vases, but each has a big bloom every year.

Here's one.
2.jpg

And the other.
0.jpg

Closer view.
1.jpg

At least I did clean up the frontyard. But the problem with the front is that it gets full sun all day long. So I just have succulents up front. I planted these about a month ago and it looks like they are starting to bloom.

Split Rock, Pleiospilos nelii
4.jpg

Tiger Jaws, Faucaria tigrina
5.jpg

Sadly don't have a garden here in London at the moment, but this is our garden in South Africa. I used to slave away here every weekend. Being subtropical, things turned into a jungle pretty much on a weekly basis and is very hard to keep on top of. This was taken a few weeks ago in the height of summer.

Part of the back garden
back.jpg

Some of the front garden
front1.jpg

front.jpg

Wow. :hyper: bloozoo2, with a garden like that, how do you have time for work --- let alone family and friends?

:lol: that's exactly it ! I didn't - my whole life revolved around the garden (and horse riding). Often gardening a bit before going to work in the mornings and then again in the evenings.
With all our pets and a tortoise it's impossible to use any pesticides etc. so really hard to keep on top of all the bugs that go with subtropical territory.

I really miss having a garden here in London but going back home to visit my mom is so lovely in the garden - it has a pond in the back (with zillions of frogs) and a fountain at the front. So a peaceful :)

Oooh I want to play on this thread too! It's 03:21am just now so I will have to dig out some pics and upload to Photobucket tomorrow.

Wow Bloozoo2.....I cant believe that garden is in London.......my garden is a dump because my dalmation and my bearded terrier run up and down playing so the grass never gets a chance to grow.

.....thats a great garden, if that was mine Id be out there everyday with a nice glass of red wine and my guitar!

Sadly don't have a garden here in London at the moment, but this is our garden in South Africa.

There gardens in South Africa.

Karen.

lol

Sadly don't have a garden here in London at the moment, but this is our garden in South Africa

Heh heh heh.....Im such a plum, cant believe i didnt read that properly.........its still cool though.

heh heh heh.....London.....aye right!

Hey tanks Mick - but if I had that (sized) garden in London I'd be a millionaire several times over :S that's for sure !

I was going to say.....the gates alone would probably be worth more than my house!

Is that a holiday home or did you move?

i'll take a pic of my garden in north london this weekend, i'm moving out this weekend, to a 2nd floor flat, no garden *sob* will live vicariously through my dads garden in essex and my mums HUGE garden (it's about 3/4 acre, on a hill) in gloucestershire (she's a trained garden designer, doesn't do it full time though, and my aunt (her sister) is a full time gardener in south london)

this is her house about 2 winters ago from the lawn at the bottom of the hill, her bf rebuilt most of the house when he bought it, and built the terrace you can see which is huge with table & chairs:
house.jpg

hehe yeh it is, it's a 7 bed georgian house. my mums bf bought it 7 years ago as a complete wreck (not even a roof) it's nearly finished now, and he's nearly broke! my mum's lived there 2 years now, and my brother just moved in last month as he got a job at the same place my mum works. the place is gorgeous! you can get lost in it.

Most reactions

Back