pictures of my tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful tank loates123. I agree that it's very good that you are asking questions and learning. those clowns will be fine in there for some time and I wouldn't be surprised that if you can afford a set up like you have that you'll be able to upgrade if you want to keep your clowns. One word of caution with white sand. be careful you don't develop an algae problem cuz it really ruins the look of it. (as i'm experiencing right now :/) plecos can be good algae cleaners but they produce so much waste that your sand will always looks dirty any way. good luck and congrads on your tank. :)

ottos are deffinetly better tank the larger plecos. They look nicer, and they are smaller!

But they are weak fish, so add them after 10 weeks, not sure if anyone said that, but with all those posts, I forget sometimes.

ok loates, what's new. its been almost a month since you started this thread, so *something* is sure to have happened in the meanwhile...

what's your stocklist look like? did you ever get the rest of those female bettas and glowlights? how's that shrimp working for ya?

give me 30 mins i will do a update and add a picture to thethe other photos of tank looking like now

hey loates123,

at the start of this thread i found it very annoyin with people not listenin 2 information but i love ur tank!! i think ur very lucky to have a tank lookin so nice. its good ur askin questions and hopefully anytime now we're guna get an update and see ur tank!!

dman99

gaya said:
Beautiful tank loates123. I agree that it's very good that you are asking questions and learning. those clowns will be fine in there for some time and I wouldn't be surprised that if you can afford a set up like you have that you'll be able to upgrade if you want to keep your clowns. One word of caution with white sand. be careful you don't develop an algae problem cuz it really ruins the look of it. (as i'm experiencing right now :/) plecos can be good algae cleaners but they produce so much waste that your sand will always looks dirty any way. good luck and congrads on your tank. :)
current fish
2 bristtle nose cat fish 2 1/2 inch
3 clown loachs 2- 3 inch max
1 red tailed shark 3 inch
2 female Siamese Fighting Fish 1 2inch 1 1 inch
5 corys all small
3 Glowlight Tetra ( 2 have green stripe one red)

4 carvals look like red and blue neons all very small ( doing ok had them 4 weeks

2 otos both 1inch

1 small ghost shrimp ( no fish attack him doing very well)
1 very large smirp doing well eating no fish , hides a lot , is massive but i like him, will he make mess or clean tank, only comes out when dark

all fish are small

every one is telling me i need more fish, i am getting confused they say my take looks a little bare sometimes ..

added more plants

my aim is for a colourfull tank, which looks like there is fish in there

i want to get the sand loking cleaner but dont want any algea problem at all

give me more advice and i will get rid of the fish i just want my tank to look like there is fish in it still and good colourfull fish..

sand got a little dirty but cleaned it up better than what it was , ill post picture 2 nite

more otos???? get rid of any brittle noses catfish??????????????????

i am ready to get slated here off to ttake some pictures in ten mins

good to hear there's been no fishy deaths. best thing to do about reducing poop is (as always) remove the pleco and avoid overfeeding. another oto would definitely keep down the algae.

as for adding fish:
--add 3 glowlights
--add 2 female bettas
--add 6 cardinal tetras
--add 1 otocinclus

if you trade in the plecos at the same time you get the above fish and don't feed that day, you should be able to avoid a mini-cycle.

the secret to having a full-looking tank is to avoid bottom dwellers. since that's what the majority of your current fish are... the swimming space of your tank is going to look a bit empty. if you get rid of the plecos and bring your mid-range schools (cardinal tetras and glowlights) up to size, you'll be a lot happier with the appearance of your tank.

can i keep one brittle nose as i really dont want any algea in the tank u can se from the pictures in 5 mins that i have no algea, they seen to be busy unlike the otos who stay in the same place most of the time...

can i add more fish i throught u would say i have to many , what about neons the red/ blue ones

what are carvals.

also, is there like an updated tank pic, because that tank is very empty, and everyone is saying that its really nice, so I am kinda confussed as to that.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y113/loates123/

dont want to over stock as they will get bigger and dont want mess what about keeping on cat fish

yes but plants will grow , them fish u are all about look like the neons blue and red things, on in a photo left hand side of the tank

was going to take one cat fish away

add 3 glowlight
2 neons red/ blue
add 2 more otos
add 1 more female bettta

I ment plant/decoration wise.

also, what are carvals?

wrs said:
what are carvals.

also, is there like an updated tank pic, because that tank is very empty, and everyone is saying that its really nice, so I am kinda confussed as to that.
they're tryin teh be nice :lol: i dont even think i can give any advice...they have all been given..it's just that they were ignored..

plecos are a bad idea for a low maintainence tank...scraping the tank isnt a hard job :rolleyes: ottos need to be in groups of 3 or more...cories are "fine" clown loaches should go bye bye...and, not everyone here gives your correct info, it's based on what they read and not experience. your tank doesn't look very ...complete..more hiding places. Your rtbs..will ..be agressive..

^ every fish i gave advice on..i've owned them before based on experience..as for the clowns..they are, agressive too, if you want a peaceful than peaceful tank (get me?) then they are not a good idea....my clowns nipped my guppies' fins...probably your betta too.

You dont have to follow advice, there is no comment for what is typed over the internet.

yes but say i got rid of the clown loach and one brittle nose , would i get algea problems. want to keep one for algea i hate the stuff

also can i keep the shark he seems ok, and then what could i add with colour my tank looks bare

i've a quarter what says "carvals" are "cardinals". cardinal tetras are the red/blue neons you already have.

sure, keep a bristlenose. otos are actually more efficient at cleaning algae, but you need to keep what makes you happy. but you don't need anywhere near as many algae eaters as you want--you simply are not going to grow that much algae in that little tank! you only need 4 otos or 2 otos/1 bristlenose. just because you don't see the otos at work doesn't mean anything.

the minimum recommended number of female bettas to have in any size tank is 1 or 5. you need to either keep just the one female or FIVE females.

so:
get rid of one bristlenose
add 3 glowlight
add 2 neons red/ blue
add 3 more female betta

that feel better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back