Picture Frames...

*Fishkies*

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Okay so I enter this competition here where I live every year. I have done so for oh who knows how many years. Probably a good 6 or 7 years now. However I usually enter about anywhere from 5-10 photos a year. And I am starting to get tired of always buying picture frames or trying to re-use the ones I have. So I was wondering if anyone on here has ever had any real experience with making their own picture frames.

:thanks: in advance for any help or insight you could give to this topic!! :good:

Okay so I enter this competition here where I live every year. I have done so for oh who knows how many years. Probably a good 6 or 7 years now. However I usually enter about anywhere from 5-10 photos a year. And I am starting to get tired of always buying picture frames or trying to re-use the ones I have. So I was wondering if anyone on here has ever had any real experience with making their own picture frames.

:thanks: in advance for any help or insight you could give to this topic!! :good:

I have made frames before. There isn't, really, much to it. You buy the wood you want, miter it at a 45 degree angle, make nock/notch in the back for the picture backing, mount the picture and call it a day. Not much to it, really. The hardest part for me is finding the glass in sizes that I want.

Last time I needed a frame, I ran to hobby lobby real quick and picked up one of the big metal ones, that comes in pieces and parts...Honestly, I think that works better unless you have a couple of hours to build your own.

Good Luck. :)

I was wondering which was easier to do. Either buy the pieces that are already molded/formed and put them together or to just design it from scratch. I sure both can be fun, but one obviously more expensive then another.

:thanks: for the reply! :nod:

I haven't really made picture frames, but I have embellished them. I get them at the Dollar Store, usually Dollar Tree. Then I use lace and Swarovski crystals and decorate them. I have given them to family members with pics of the kids for Christmas and stuff. I couldn't imagine making picture frames when they are only $1.00 and you can decorate them anyway you desire. just my 2 cents.

Yeah. Well around here can't find picture frames for $1.00 really. And usually the picture frames get pretty boring, because of the same old designs and colors. So i thought about making some just for the fun of it and a challenge. :nod:

I've made lots of frames! If you don't want to go for the wooden ones, or embellish them, get to your local arts & crafts store, and look for "Faster Plaster" or simple plaster of paris. You can get CHEAP plastic moulds, into which you pour the plaster. It takes a minute to mix, and a couple hours to set up (dry), then you paint them! I have designs of fish, gardening stuff, and sports, as well as some kids' themes and holiday themes. It's fast, easy, original, and inexpensive!

Good Luck! :)

Myrrh​

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. -Mark Twain

Most reactions

trending

Back