Picked This Up At The Weekend

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Concrete?

That's a serious construction. Would it not be easier to utilise building (breeze) blocks in a double skinned wall which you could then coat and seal?

Don't forget to put a window in the side as well.

Does this mean you can put that monstrous swimming pool pump with the 11 metre head into action?

If i build it from blockwork then i have to pay someone to come in and render the walls so there is a smooth surface to paint, I am absolutely useless with a flat trowel. If i build it from concrete form work i can get all the ply and timber i need from work and hopefully most of the steel rods and then the finished walls will already be smooth enough to paint straight away. I may still build it from concrete blockwork if once i've done some pricing up the concrete form work is too expensive.

A window in the side is prety pointless unless people want to lay on their stomachs and look into the pond, i'm only building up 2 feet from ground level with 2 feet below ground so that i can let gravity do the work of draining the 900g into the pond.

No the monster pump is still not going to be used, i'm just going to run the same 2900gph pump thats on the 900 so the pond just has a very slow natural turn over but the tank remains the same, if i used that big pump then the fish in the 900 would be pinned to the sides with 11,000gph going through the tank :crazy:

If i build it from blockwork then i have to pay someone to come in and render the walls so there is a smooth surface to paint, I am absolutely useless with a flat trowel. If i build it from concrete form work i can get all the ply and timber i need from work and hopefully most of the steel rods and then the finished walls will already be smooth enough to paint straight away. I may still build it from concrete blockwork if once i've done some pricing up the concrete form work is too expensive.

A window in the side is prety pointless unless people want to lay on their stomachs and look into the pond, i'm only building up 2 feet from ground level with 2 feet below ground so that i can let gravity do the work of draining the 900g into the pond.

No the monster pump is still not going to be used, i'm just going to run the same 2900gph pump thats on the 900 so the pond just has a very slow natural turn over but the tank remains the same, if i used that big pump then the fish in the 900 would be pinned to the sides with 11,000gph going through the tank :crazy:

So its only the Gar moving into the pond? Arowna staying put?

Yeah the plan is to put just the gar in the pond and maybe my nile perch in a few years if it grows too large for any of the tanks, i might get some sort of big catfish as well. Aligator gars are well known for killing tankmates so anything that goes in with it has to be very big and very robust.

I can't believe you've got a wife who actually lets you do this. Think of the shoes you could buy her for the money.

I fear that concrete may well prove harsh on the wallet. Could you not do a really horrible render and then get me with a sander in there to smooth it all out?

I suppose. For decent pictures you can just get a waterproof camera and swim with them.

Booo! You know you want to fire up that pump.

i might get some sort of big catfish as well

You know you want a red tail. You have known it for years.

Most reactions

Back