Photos Of Fish Problems Pleashe Help Identify Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being from the US I am no way up on the wildlife or conservation laws in foreign countries. If it is illegal in your area posting about it on a public forum is not a wise idea.

Here is a link to a North American native fish forum; http://forum.nanfa.org/

You might get a better idea there, they may know more about your situation.

The laws are there for a reason.
Leave this thread with the mods now.

I would take them back if its illegal.
You would have to climatise them back to the river water.
Out of my depth here.
What wrong with setting a tank up and getting fish from an lfs.

native fish are more intresting i think more relevant nature wise to UK.

and other then catchign them ( angling for them) you dont get ot see their behaviour.

that was why we did it, rightly or wrongly.

so whats peoples views on wild cought minnows or sticklebacks, is that illegal too?

'Native fish are more interesting i think more relevant nature wise to UK.'

So don't you think they should be left in their environment?

Yes. Any fish taken or stocked into any water without permission is illegal, and can land a hefty fine on anyone caught doing so. I was a water baliff for over 2 years, and had many cases of this happening.

The fish that are beign sold in the shops would be bred for those purposes.

[/quote]

'Native fish are more interesting i think more relevant nature wise to UK.'

So don't you think they should be left in their environment?

Yes. Any fish taken or stocked into any water without permission is illegal, and can land a hefty fine on anyone caught doing so. I was a water baliff for over 2 years, and had many cases of this happening.

The fish that are beign sold in the shops would be bred for those purposes.
[/quote]

you seem more intent on critising me then helping me identify a soloution to alleviate any suffering for the fish

you've told me that its a flare up of inherent ( bacteria or something ) that was caused by the change in environment and stress , thansk for that

can you or aomeoen else tell me how i go about getting further information so i can determine if a medicine of somekind is needed or if i should just keep the water as correct as i can or what.

how do i determine if its bacterial or fungal or parasite

you seem more intent on critising me then helping me identify a soloution to alleviate any suffering for the fish

can you or aomeoen else tell me how i go about getting further information so i can determine if a medicine of somekind is needed or if i should just keep the water as correct as i can or what.

how do i determine if its bacterial or fungal or parasite

Folks are bound not to help you with your possibly illegally procured & kept fish. Basically they do not want to help you break the law.

I gave you a link to further information, that is about the best you are going to get for your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back