PheonixKingZ Interview.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Freedom of speech doesn't necessarily mean freedom of social consequence. ?
And or should it. But just because someone disagrees with an opinion doesn't give them the right to shut it down (as long as it isn't inciting violence). There are a lot of groups whose members pile on people who disagree with them, often very abusively and violently (which is what I think kwi was getting at) and an awful lot of them get away with it.

Some topics are divisive, but there are very few which should be off limits for opinions - though sometimes if people want to (fervently)discuss X, they shouldn't do it on a thread about Y.

Personally I don't mind a thread which meanders - they are often very entertaining and bring great enjoyment to all participants, as long as we are respectful of each other.

If you want to discuss random things, we have a thread for it.

Please no politics, and back on subject.

Don't be to rude remember you sent them to Aus in the first place. They are part of your heritage.
The only person I have ever sent anywhere is my husband to the chip shop*. Don't drag me into this!

*It was for wombat and chips, in 1986. Come to think of it, he isn't back yet. I hope he took enough bus fare . . .

I was aware that saying, “Back to lé enter view please guys... ;)” was “objecting strongly”. ?

—-

In the future, you can direct your attention to the top of the page, so you can see what the topic is, before replying. This gives you a good sense of what’s going on. :)
View attachment 133177
——

And again, we digress...

Thank you for the detailed guide on how I can check the thread topic! I shall be sure to do that in future :angel:

You didn't answer either of my questions though... I thought this was an AMA thread about you? Why would you dodge the questions and not even say you don't want to answer, when the whole point of the thread is for you to answer questions? I'm confused.

Perhaps "object strongly" is a poor choice of words. But you clearly get annoyed when people go off topic when it's your thread, right? I bought it up because I saw you tell people to go and make their own thread when they discussed assassin snails in one of your threads, so I saw it was a pattern for you.
Dunno, has he expressed so?
@PheonixKingZ do you get annoyed at a thread developing a life of its own?

(There, back on topic )

Finally, a question I understand. Yes.

Well there you go. Someone else asked if it bothers you, you said yes.

I'll rephrase my questions again, since I checked the topic and caught up on the thread as you just taught me, and it's an "ask @PheonixKingZ anything" thread, and you wanted it back on topic. So my questions are;

1. Why does it bother you when people go off topic in a casual thread like this?

2. Why is it okay when you do it in other people's threads?

1. Why does it bother you when people go off topic in a casual thread like this?

2. Why is it okay when you do it in other people's threads?
1) Because it’s not the place for it. We have a Random Discussion thread for a reason.

2) I try not to do it to other people’s threads. If I have done it to one of yours, I am sorry.

Do you like water balloons
Yes! Watching a water balloon pop in slow motion is very satisfying. :rofl:

1) Because it’s not the place for it. We have a Random Discussion thread for a reason.
Fair enough!
I personally think it's nice when threads take a life of their own, when people are relaxed and having fun, chatting and learning about each other - so long as it's not de-railing like a serious post or where someone is looking for help. But I can understand that some people might want a more rigid, serious, on-topic only forum. Can't judge you if you feel that way, just a difference in opinion :)
2) I try not to do it to other people’s threads. If I have done it to one of yours, I am sorry.
No need to be sorry, I don't know if you ever have in one of mine, I like it when people chat and banter in a thread I've made, I enjoy it, so no apologies needed! I'd just seen you do it in other threads, so I thought it was a bit weird that you chat and banter sometimes, but get cross with people doing it in your threads.

Okay, I guess I need to ask a new question to stay on topic.

Why did you want people to ask questions about you? Do you enjoy people quizzing you?

1. Who do you main in Smash?
2. What fish do you simp for?

I think it would be proper that we try to stay on topic here. Another thread can be started on other topics in general chat if you wish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back