PheonixKingZ Interview.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fair enough!
I personally think it's nice when threads take a life of their own, when people are relaxed and having fun, chatting and learning about each other - so long as it's not de-railing like a serious post or where someone is looking for help. But I can understand that some people might want a more rigid, serious, on-topic only forum. Can't judge you if you feel that way, just a difference in opinion :)

No need to be sorry, I don't know if you ever have in one of mine, I like it when people chat and banter in a thread I've made, I enjoy it, so no apologies needed! I'd just seen you do it in other threads, so I thought it was a bit weird that you chat and banter sometimes, but get cross with people doing it in your threads.

Okay, I guess I need to ask a new question to stay on topic.

Why did you want people to ask questions about you? Do you enjoy people quizzing you?
This is how I feel, too.

Unless it is a very serious thread where someone is asking for advice about a problem, what fish will live happily together etc, when the Initial Poster wants to be able to find the answers quickly, then I think most topics have a very short shelf-life and the banter helps them move on.

My first question - and I am not being sarcastic - What do you think people might want to know about you which justifies a thread to itself?

Second question - why do you ignore some questions and not even say, "Prefer not to answer as this could compromise my online security", or something like that?

Not getting responses is one of the things which tempts people to go off-topic. It's like talking to someone who just ignores you and turns their back, so you think "Fair enough, I'll ask X about their football team".

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back