Ph Problem

Paradise_Gourami

Fishaholic
Joined
Nov 10, 2003
Messages
413
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Colorado USA
I just tested the ph in my 29 gal and found the ph to be 6.6, how bad is this and how do i raise it? also my waters to hard and how do i soften it?
 
Although, I'm not familiar with a couple of the fish you have, I think the pH of 6.6 is fine. Most fish can adapt to a wide range of pH values. The most important thing is that the pH stays constant with little fluctuation. If your water is hard, then changing the pH will be difficult as your have a lot of buffering capacity. Personally, I wouldn't try to change it. My tanks run about 6.4 to 6.6 and I don't every mess with the pH. What are the actual pH and KH values of your tap water?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top