doresy
Sometimes Right, Sometimes Wrong but ALWAYS certai
Had a strange happening.
Any followers of my posts will know of the tank I have been cycling (right hand tank in signiture)
I live in a reletivly hard water area.
The 'rocks' in the tank are artificial, bogwood is real and so is the Java Fern
My tapwater is 7.4 ph.
Cycling took around 3 weeks with a matured media kick-start.
Have continued for 4 days after 0-0 was achieved for ammonia/nitrite.
Suddenly, after 5th day ammonia/nitite only dropped to 1.0 amd 0.25 respectivly.
Checked ph and it had gone to 6.0 so tonight did a 90% waterchange, added the usual 5ppm ammonia.
Nitrite was 0 and ph 7.4.
Can't explain the ph crash but it obviously affected the cycle.
Any followers of my posts will know of the tank I have been cycling (right hand tank in signiture)
I live in a reletivly hard water area.
The 'rocks' in the tank are artificial, bogwood is real and so is the Java Fern
My tapwater is 7.4 ph.
Cycling took around 3 weeks with a matured media kick-start.
Have continued for 4 days after 0-0 was achieved for ammonia/nitrite.
Suddenly, after 5th day ammonia/nitite only dropped to 1.0 amd 0.25 respectivly.
Checked ph and it had gone to 6.0 so tonight did a 90% waterchange, added the usual 5ppm ammonia.
Nitrite was 0 and ph 7.4.
Can't explain the ph crash but it obviously affected the cycle.
)
I hate Christmas!!.....(not really, it just gets in the way)






