Ph Hard water?????

Daz_fighter

Reaction score
It says neon tetras need pH 6.8 -7
and hardness around 120 ppm
What does this mean what stuff do i have to buy to make the ph level right and what do i need to change the hardness of the water to 120 ppm???
Please help
Thanks for your time
Dan

Daz_fighter said:
What does this mean what stuff do i have to buy to make the ph level right and what do i need to change the hardness of the water to 120 ppm???
Please help
Thanks for your time
Dan
First of all, tell us what is your native pH and KH out of your tap? You should measure it after sitting in the air for 24 hours or after couple of hours of heavy aeration to remove excess CO2.

Depending on your water parameter, there's a good chance that you will not need to mess with your water at all!

Daz_fighter said:
Please help
Thanks for your time
Dan
Hi Dan

Getting to grips with all this PH stuff sounds more tricky than it really is so I will try to explain.

PH is a measure of the acidity or alkalinity. The pH scale runs from 0 (acidic) to 14 (alkaline), with neutral pH 7 in the middle.

To measure the PH of your water yo will need to buy a test kit from your aquarium dealer. I have use both the API and Tetra with good results but there are many others on the market. These test kits have good instructions on the boxes and consist of you filling the provided container with a bit of your water and adding a few drops of the PH tester. You compare the results with the colors on the box and that will give you the PH of your water.

Water hardness or GH can also be tested with a similar test kit.

Hope this helps :)

Oh wow Thanks alot guys you have really helped me out.
thank you for taking the time to awnser my questions
Thanks alot
Dan

Dan:

I wouldnt worry too much about it .......

If your LFS has a similar PH as yours then the neons should be quite happy without you making any changes to the PH.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back