Ph change...

revengeishere

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
When i checked my ph this morning, it was 8.2. I dont know how it got this high. My tap water is around 7.9

anyways, my parameters are:

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0-5
pH:8.2
kh:6
Gh:15
Tank Size: 75 gallons
Residents: 20 zebra danios,10 tiger barbs, 3 SAE, 2 bala sharks, 1 red tailed shark, 1 syno eupterus.
Lighting: 1 triphospor(40 watts), 1 Ultralume(40 watts), 1 plant and aquarium light(40 watts),1 cool white lamp(36 watts)
Filters: 1 aquaclear 300, 1 aquaclear 200

I did use a water softener pillow for 4 days(softener pillow is for tank size up to 20 gallon, so no drastic water hardness changes).

Why the sudden(well, prolly not sudden cos i only test once a week) ph change?

The fishes are eating fine, and they dot seem to be stressed out, for now. Ill still go observe them.

Update: My bala sharks,5 danios, 3 tiger barbs seems to be stressed...clamped fins, not coming up to me....im worried....ive started adding quickcure, and salt and do water changes....

update2:the fishes are doing ok, now, eating...but still, i observed that some tiger barbs are kinda rubbing themselves in the rocks in a rather swift manner...

That definately is good they are doing better. Do you have any live plants?

yes, lightly planted tankl.

i am doing some co2 injection(diy) and its down to 7.6....i still dont know why my ph went up for the first place..

Our tap water suddenly went from 7.4 to 8.4. Apparently, we have an outbreak of the blue/green algae and something being used to combat the bad taste is causing the ph to be higher. -_-

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back