Petsmart and their strange policies

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Pt5251

Reaction score
This is an interesting one. I got a couple fish at petsmart 2 days ago and one died, I called about a refund and they hit me with the strangest thingā€¦ they want me to bring them the dead fish with my reciept. I was shocked to say the least and had no idea how to respond to that XD. I was just like soo you want me to give you back a dead fish? Is this normal or something because I find it quite strangešŸ˜‚ like what are they gonna do with a dead fish that I wasnā€™t already gonna do with it

This is an interesting one. I got a couple fish at petsmart 2 days ago and one died, I called about a refund and they hit me with the strangest thingā€¦ they want me to bring them the dead fish with my reciept. I was shocked to say the least and had no idea how to respond to that XD. I was just like soo you want me to give you back a dead fish? Is this normal or something because I find it quite strangešŸ˜‚ like what are they gonna do with a dead fish that I wasnā€™t already gonna do with it
I think they require the dead fish so you canā€™t fake it and get more free fish.

It's not that weird. If you bought a loaf of bread at the supermarket and after you got home saw mold on it, the supermarket isn't going to refund you unless you bring that bread back.

I think they require the dead fish so you canā€™t fake it and get more free fish.
Yea I get that but is a picture not enough! I feel like itā€™s a little crazy that I canā€™t just bring a picture of the dead fish and that they want the actual dead fish back

It's not that weird. If you bought a loaf of bread at the supermarket and after you got home saw mold on it, the supermarket isn't going to refund you unless you bring that bread back.
Well yea but this isnā€™t really like that, like how would a picture not be enough. Like if you got a cat and it randomly died I donā€™t think petsmart would want the dead corpse back XD

I also hope it isnā€™t completely eaten by the time I get home from work because I did not have the time in the morning to take it out before work

I'm something of a regular at a local Petco (don't @ me). I lost a couple of fish the day after I bought them there. There policy is to bring back the fish and provide a water sample. But since they know me, they didn't make me do that. I had lost some fish a few days after I bought them from a LFS. I called them and was actually surprised that they didn't require me to bring the dead fish in. I wasn't a regular customer but they still just took my word for it. I have to wonder how many times they've been burned by people who have lied about fish dying.

This happened to me too. No big deal. Mail order places like Aqua Huna require you take a picture of the DOA fish before you can get a refund.

Well yea but this isnā€™t really like that, like how would a picture not be enough. Like if you got a cat and it randomly died I donā€™t think petsmart would want the dead corpse back XD
You could take multiple pictures of the same dead fish and they wouldn't know. Or get a picture from the internet.

This happened to me too. No big deal. Mail order places like Aqua Huna require you take a picture of the DOA fish before you can get a refund.
Yea I understand a picture but I feel like bringing in the corpse is a little much

I'm something of a regular at a local Petco (don't @ me). I lost a couple of fish the day after I bought them there. There policy is to bring back the fish and provide a water sample. But since they know me, they didn't make me do that. I had lost some fish a few days after I bought them from a LFS. I called them and was actually surprised that they didn't require me to bring the dead fish in. I wasn't a regular customer but they still just took my word for it. I have to wonder how many times they've been burned by people who have lied about fish dying.
Iā€™m also a regular at this petsmart, simply because it is the only store that will sell me fish because Iā€™m not 18 yet. A couple months and I will finally be able to go to other fish storesšŸ˜‚

Iā€™m also a regular at this petsmart, simply because it is the only store that will sell me fish because Iā€™m not 18 yet. A couple months and I will finally be able to go to other fish storesšŸ˜‚
I honestly didn't know that was a thing with fish stores. I'm way past the other side of 18 so it's never come up for me.

I refunded a guy who claimed an entire shipment had died, of very rare fish. A few months later, he was selling the young from the 'dead' fish.

He sent a photo of dead decayed fish in a broken bag. I wonder whose fish they were?

There are very smalltime, petty scammers out there. Unfortunately, they create suspicion and everyone has to deal with the results. I hate to be on the same side as a corporate seller, but they have a point.

I'm surprised they didn't also ask for a sample of your tank water so they could say "well, your ammonia or nitrite is high, that's what killed the fish" though again, how do they know it's your tank water and not tap water.

I'm surprised they didn't also ask for a sample of your tank water so they could say "well, your ammonia or nitrite is high, that's what killed the fish" though again, how do they know it's your tank water and not tap water.
Chlorine test.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back