Pets that have come and Gone, or are still with us

Butterfly Betta

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The pet's section isn't that good.

So here it goes instead.

I'll lead off, with A FISH!!!!! :p

I never bothered to mention before that I happen to have another Betta [to the 5 I own now].

A VERY OLD BETTA.

This betta is 3 1/2 years old and counting. And I love her very much.

She is a crystal blue-white coloration with red tipped fins and a slight coloration of bright black near her body. Her fins are multi-colored. Near the front they are teal, then they become green, than a bluish-green [not actually teal, and then they end in red.

Her name is SkyLove and I didn't mention her originally because she was very sick.

I wasn't that sure if she was going to live that much longer for she was suffering from fit rot and bloat. As well as a serious case of ich brought on when the power went out and her tank's temperature dropped to 70 degrees.

But now she is better, and doing well.

Hopefully she will live to be MUCH older than she is already.

She lives in a 2 gallon tank in my room, on my desk, with 5 neons and a small bubble filter.

A nearby outside heater, keeps the water warm so that she doesn't freeze and so that the neons don't pop off.

I just wanted to mention her cause I thought people should know about her, since she has lasted so long.

ps. she put up with my mistakes when I was originally starting out.

:eek: wow im glad she lived so long did you ever think of gettin her a mate :dunno:my gourami would have lived longer but noooooooo *beeeeeeeeeeeeep* you bacteria and i would have had male and female nives to but nooooooo

wow, congrats. she sounds lovely. :thumbs:

my cat, cadmus, died last october. he'd been ill for a few months, and the vet said that there was nothing he could do, but cadmus wasn't suffering. i was so upset - cadders was 18 (we think, we got him from an old lady who didn't know his exact age, only knew he was about 2). i was 13 though, so i'd never known life without him there :-( .

i really miss him still, but he was lucky to still be alive. in his life, he got hit by a car twice, shot by a farmer (i hate that farmer :grr: how could someone do that?!), he'd been in the vets on a drip for being dehydrated 3 times, he'd had a very bad kidney infection (we'd nearly had to put him down), and more...!! he was so gorgeous too :nod: poor cat...

Our cat, Jessie died just before xmas. We'll never know what happened to her, we went down the pub came back to find her laying in an unnatural position.
There were no signs of her being ill beforehand.

No physical damage to her, but eyes were black, that look of her will always haunt me.

We buried her the next day :(

to make it worse one of our fish died on the day we buried her (old age i think)

I used to have 4 cats, now only 2. One of them a couple of months ago but he was 20 years old and we were expecting it. The other cat died about 2 years ago. It was probably for the better though our other cats started ignoring us once we brought him home and he was real snotty. He was an off white color, and my mom was doing a load of white laundry one day.......I think you can figure out what ended up happening to him.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back