Pets @ Home Warrington

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fish+peace

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
a couple of year back there was a big guy that worked @ pets at home warrington and as i remember it all looked really loved/healthy and thriving. He left for whatever reason and i remember it took a bit of a nosedive and me and the mrs thought that they would probably phase out the fish section as we'd already lost a lfs

Anway they actually created a dedicated upstairs and i gotta say they have a couple of lovely setups all the fish/tanks look really healthy and cared for and they have a good selection of plants/decorations and fish - cold/tropical and marine

Not only that the we've found the staff are great they are really friendly and knowledgeable and nothing is too much trouble - they do free water tests and always question your current setup before giving fish.

people are quick to flame lfs about bad experiences but i think if the good ones were praised for there efforts maybe it would encourage more to up the standard anyway praise where it's due ! :good:

a couple of year back there was a big guy that worked @ pets at home warrington and as i remember it all looked really loved/healthy and thriving. He left for whatever reason and i remember it took a bit of a nosedive and me and the mrs thought that they would probably phase out the fish section as we'd already lost a lfs

Anway they actually created a dedicated upstairs and i gotta say they have a couple of lovely setups all the fish/tanks look really healthy and cared for and they have a good selection of plants/decorations and fish - cold/tropical and marine

Not only that the we've found the staff are great they are really friendly and knowledgeable and nothing is too much trouble - they do free water tests and always question your current setup before giving fish.

people are quick to flame lfs about bad experiences but i think if the good ones were praised for there efforts maybe it would encourage more to up the standard anyway praise where it's due ! :good:

Do you work for pets @ home in warrington? :lol:

Only joking lol, its nice to see someone not flaming a p@h for a change.

Not flaming: I really like how they have labels with realistic adult sizes of the fish, which beats most independent LFS.

Flaming: I went into two of my local P@H over the last two months and both had a noticeable number of dead fish floating around in their tanks. They also had non-aquatic plants for sale as aquatic.

The only "LFS" I go to with a view to buying fish is about 40 miles away, whoo!, and it is a Maidenhead Aquatics.

nice post. :good:
P@H are no worse, though i agree often no better, than the majority of LFS.

credit where credit is due. whatever the name over the door is!

nice post. :good:
P@H are no worse, though i agree often no better, than the majority of LFS.

credit where credit is due. whatever the name over the door is!

i have absolutely no affiliations with any aquatics i'm an it engineer lol my opinion is based on the fact that i've frequented quite a few shops and i'm impressed by my local p@h i'm sure you all know what i mean when i say that you know when a place or its staff has a passion in what they are doing it really shines through conditions are great displays are nice and morale is high and on the opposite side of the coin you can tell when a place is doing it as a formailty or sideline.

Most reactions

trending

Back