Pests snails

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Duhitzdan

Reaction score
Hello so I recently bought a ten gallon fish tank with 6 male endler livebeares and two armono shrimp and recently bought one bumble bee Assassin snail because Iā€™ve had a pest snail outbreak after bringing an an Anubis and moss ball. I have a 46 gallon community fish tank and 3 5.5 Betta fish tanks. I was wondering what anyone thinks I should do because my Assassin snail dosnt seem to keep up with the amount of pests! I know Assassin snails could also become a problem in it self if there are too many thatā€™s why I only got one donā€™t know if 2 would be alright. Thanks, Dan

either squash them with your finger or remove them from the tank. When you reduce the numbers the assassin snail should be able to control the remaining ones.

Hi

Free tank cleaners.

Iā€™ve had a pest snail outbreak
That happens because there is lots of food in the tank. The snails are not a problem just leave them be, give your substrate a good clean, reduce the food available to the " pest" snails and things will take care of themselves, once the food is gone starvation and the assassin will reduce the population.

Clea Helena aka Assassin Snail consists of defined male and female individuals which are not hermaphroditic. Currently it is not known how to identify which is male and which is female.

either squash them with your finger or remove them from the tank. When you reduce the numbers the assassin snail should be able to control the remaining ones.
Okay, thank you very much!

Hi

Free tank cleaners.

That happens because there is lots of food in the tank. The snails are not a problem just leave them be, give your substrate a good clean, reduce the food available to the " pest" snails and things will take care of themselves, once the food is gone starvation and the assassin will reduce the population.

Clea Helena aka Assassin Snail consists of defined male and female individuals which are not hermaphroditic. Currently it is not known how to identify which is male and which is female.
Oh okay, thank you for the very informative reply!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back