Pest Snails

Hey,

Just tell him to put a few in his tank, as snails like everything the same as fish, temperature of water ect... they will breed by themselves.... i have a snail problem at the moment... i just can't shake them off... they mate all the time! He should have baby snails in no time!

Missy
 
Hi, I asked demonmagus to ask on my behalf because I forgot my password. :D

The problem is that Pablo (my Green Spotted Puffer) is soon going to be moving over to brackish, and snails don't like brackish. Also, I would like to feed him them rather than run the risk of starting a snail problem like you have at the moment by ths ound of it.

Thanks,
Chris
 
Hey,

yeh I do! umm well do you have a spare tank? You could grown them in there? It can be a pretty small one... but then need to be at the same temperature as your fish. They would also need some live plants and a rock.

Missy
 
Hey,

yeh I do! umm well do you have a spare tank? You could grown them in there? It can be a pretty small one... but then need to be at the same temperature as your fish. They would also need some live plants and a rock.

Missy

I do have a spare small tank but it probably won't be able to be heated. It'll be at around 18C. Instead of live plants could I just feed them cucmuber/algae tabs? I've got some slate lying around.

The tank is a 25ltr.

Thanks,
Chris
 
i have such a prblem with snaiols and they really wind me up!, everytime i spot one i pull it out and crush it :grr:
 
"Breeding" snails is like breeding rabbits. It just happens, especially if you overfeed. You will have an explosion. Trust me on that one, I know.
 
I thought apple snails needed two of them to breed unlike most snails which don't?
 
Tank size: Something very big. Yes, Snails can grow really big.

How: Lifting them up by there shell, CAREFULLY - Warning: Snail could bite.

Food: Lettuce. Leafs, and anything that dances for money.

Temperature: -34°C

I also advise that when breeding Snails, make sure you stick them together and move them around a little bit.

Wait until the Female Snail puts weight on, then you get baby snails - I know, it works!
My obese boyfriend does it with his Terantullioa Snails from New York.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top