Perhaps A Change In The Sig Rules

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Opcn

Big fish
Reaction score
Loads of people on here do not follow the signature rules, but there signatures are not overly long or painful to look at. I think that perhaps we could rework the way things are layed out and instead of allowing one picture no more than three hundred pixels high and two lines of text or five lines of text we could just pick a number of pixels. say, one equal to the hieght of a picture 300 pixels tall and two lines of text, that way someone could have a small picture and 3 lines of text, or 7 lines of tiny text, or say 2 tickers and a line of text, if you are concerned about peoples time being wasted loading pictures you could also add that no picture may be more than 300 pixels tall, thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I agree that a lot of signatures have gotten way out of hand. There ARE rules but many people either ignore them or aren't aware. Unfortunately, it is the Mods that would have to enforce things and IMO it would be unfair to ask that of them. They give enough of their time and effort already.

My solution has been to disable signatures in my control panel so I don't see them at all. This is unfortunate really, as there are some very clever and interesting signatures out there that I'm missing out on.

Unfortunately, the forum has grown so large that it is hard to police everyone. Offensive and overly large signatures or any others that violate the rules could be reported. SH

annastacia is on the case!!!!! :lol:

I personally think the rules don't need to be changed. I mean, come on, how many people do you know actually read the signature rules? Specially, the newbies and noobs. They don't for sure.

Just my thought.

Not much point changing the rule from what I can see :no:

On this thread alone in order of posting:
Bloo
Steelhealr
and Oppositearmor

Are all breaking the current rule of :
5 lines of standard sized text or one picture/gif (maximum size of 100k or 400 pixels wide by 300 pixels high) and 2 lines of text, large text should be treated as a picture and limited to 2 lines.

;)

Arfie

Add one more to that list Arfie, Arfie. You have two pictures in your signature, don't see anywere were it says you can do that

I wanted to change the rules in such a way that they would not be in violation, this popped into my head when I wanted to make a signature that violated the rules, I origionally wanted the "Seven sixteenths of one inch" part to be above the picture in my sig, and it was that way, but I felt bad breaking the rules.

This all came to mind when I was in chat and Clay_Roper linked to one of his threads, I went and read it and noticed that his signature was (it still is) a huge picture 640X480, rather than 400X300 max. He of course asked my why I linked him and upon my explaination promptly began to ignore me, I would hate to start reporting people to mods because ofcourse so many people are in violation, so I figure changing the rules to fit the situation better and give everyone an equal amount of space to use for whatever they choose wouldn't necesarily be a bad thing.

annastacia is on the case!!!!! :lol:

I am? :blink: I just PM people I run across who have excessively large signatures, like 3 pictures and their tank stockings.

I don't mind if people want to report extra-large signatures to me, rather then bothering other moderators who probably have less time then I do. Yeah, my life is semi-dull for the next few weeks, you can make fun of me. :p

As long as it fits on the screen widthways, and doesn't involve excess scrolling down to read the next post, there isn't really a problem.

Woudl it be too hard to simply employ a mod of sorts whose responsibility was just to knock down irritatingly large signatures? You don't have to have any fish knowledge to know what would and wouldn't meet the rules, so it wouldn't be too hard to find someone of sound mind to get that sorted I don't think.

Although, in general, I either ignore, or switch off signatures.

Woudl it be too hard to simply employ a mod of sorts whose responsibility was just to knock down irritatingly large signatures?
I already do that whenever I see a seriously silly-sized sig.
The last one I did had three of those pointless countdown things, eight hatching eggs, four quotes and a 600x600 jpg at 130k

Sheesh.

Those egg things and countdown things really ought to be banned altogether. The non-fish-related crap is one of the main reasons I switched the signatures off. I'm enjoying the forum much more now without the distractions. :D

Oh and those crummy pet deals, the ones that are just flash aps that bat at your mouse as you move it across, gah those things bug me to no end.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back