Peppered Cory

ljwoody

Reaction score
Hi - this is my first time on this forum, and am still quite new to fish keeping but I am worried about one of my peppered corys, we have a 'tree trunk' (fake and smaller than a normal one) and the cory just seems to be hiding in there at the moment - only coming out after the light has gone off. The other 2 peppered corys we have seem to be ok but this one just is worrying me. We also have lots of Tetra and I found one dead this morning and I am worried that there is something seriously wrong - can any one help? PLEASE!!!

How long have you had your tank set up?

One of my Pepper Corys likes to hide a lot. I don't think that's unusual for Corys - if I remember correctly, their eyes are somewhat sensitive to the light.

Pamela
aka Married Lizard

lizard said:
How long have you had your tank set up?

One of my Pepper Corys likes to hide a lot. I don't think that's unusual for Corys - if I remember correctly, their eyes are somewhat sensitive to the light.

Pamela
aka Married Lizard
I have had the tank set up for 8 months - got the corys (3 of them) 6 months ago and they were all ok for a while and just in the last month - one of the them just hides!

All my cories hide in the drakest place in the tank! If I take a peek they scoot even further into their hidey-hole. So I guess they are just very timid.
-_- Shame, 'cos I think they are cute.

Gra

maybe it's jsut a phase he's going through? :D

i know that sounds weird but one of my tetras suddenly started hiding in a particular plant 24/7, I was sure he was getting ill, but then after a couple of weeks he came out and started shoaling with the othrs as if nothing had happened :blink:

Thank you for all your advise and help - I am thinking that I may be becoming a over reacting parent! I will let you know if anything else happens! :unsure:

It's better to overreact than underreact

I think most people have at some point had a "scare" over a fish which turned out perfectly fine...but if you don't pay attention then you don't find out on the occasions when it's serious :unsure:

hope he does ok :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back