People Who Don't Like Fish.

i don't get how people can miss the bubbling coming from the tanks in my room, in my insy winsy flat, but they do, they just don't care. this makes cat sad :( it makes so much more worthwhile if a vistor goes oogly eyed over your fishies.
 
I have the opposite problem. My friend's dad has a beautiful tank in the living room, and I'm just a newbie and eager to learn, so frequently comment on his tank and he just goes 'Thanks'. Conversation over. It's very frustrating :grr:
 
Andywg - how can you not just be overwhelmed by the total cuteness of say...a small child with a diaper on it's head?

diaperhead.jpg


QED.

And yes, your little fluffy pink fish - what exactly is it? I'm not denying it's cute...of course not as cute as my baby, but it is cute :lol:
 
>> mm.. still has a pacifier? odd. anywho.. Kids.. sometimes they are cute and sometimes they are bratty.. you cna usually tell if the kid is gonna be a brat form the begininning.. I know I see two new infants come through this place every 6 months..
 
As a daycare teacher of two-year-olds, I can safely say that the "bratty" children are the ones that need the most love (and perhaps some boundaries, for heaven's sake). With the correct handling and a little attention, they become perfectly well-behaved in no time. After all, it's not their fault they're brats. It's the parents who need disciplining, lol. A little OT, sorry, but I spend 40 hours a week with a few little "brats" that I adore, so I feel like I have to stand up for them.

BTW, SuzieQPlecMama, your little boy is adorable. I'm sure your plecs are as well. ;) I think a lot of people see a fish tank as merely a decorative feature, like a painting or a sculpture, and don't realize the amount of work, time, and care that goes into it. If they've never kept fish themselves, it's hard for visitors to truly appreciate even the most amazing aquarium. And, as others have mentioned, some people simply have no interest in fish at all. Sad, yes, but true. -_-
 
haha.. daycare.. what fun! My mom does in home caycare.. haha I am jsut saying if theya re brats they are brats form the beginning.. angels are angels form the begining.. but they can become brats >>
 
Lol, yeah, it's a blast. It's true, some kids are born difficult..I was one of them. A biter, too. But I was the perfect child during my teenage years. Go figure. I still stick to the theory that the more difficult children can learn to mind if they are managed correctly. Like the kids on Supernanny...I swear that woman is magic.

Um, yeah. Fish. ;)
 
lol, CBBP - in his defense, it's an old pic, he doesn't have a paci now or, for that matter, wear snap vests, or have diapers...he was 2 when that was taken :)

Campbellmay, thanks for the kid-compliment, mommas can never get enough of those.

Yeah, fish....I'll have to take some big plec pics, I can not believe anyone could sit next to them hanging on the glass and not feel the urge to "rub their tummies" through the glass, as I am always compelled to do :lol:
 
Andywg - how can you not just be overwhelmed by the total cuteness of say...a small child with a diaper on it's head?

diaperhead.jpg


QED.

And yes, your little fluffy pink fish - what exactly is it? I'm not denying it's cute...of course not as cute as my baby, but it is cute :lol:
How? I don't know. But I see nothing at all cute in any child I see.

The fish is an Antennarius striatus or striated frogfish. There are old posts about him in the pic section somewhere. And I would have him over a child any day.
 
Must admit that if I am in a room with a Tropical Tank I wouldnt give it a 2nd look - just find them bland & boring now

If it were a Marine Tank on the other hand that would be a different ballgame

I am with you andywg regarding kids - not my idea of fun
 
Kids :shout:

Reef :good:

I have a 60g Tropical tank

& a 80g Marine Reef

But I must say I spend more time on my reef & my Freshwater Fish dont get as much attention as they used to & vistors pay mnore attention to my reef
 
I like saltwater.. don’t get me wrong.. but I only like certain fish.. I also like plants more then coral unless it is a bunch of similar corals with similar shapes and colors.. it is it a rainbow of colors I dislike it, haha
 
i had 2 friends round the other day, one of them was seeing the tank for the first time, and her reaction was "wow nice tank!", the other friend has never said anything about them, always has a look, but never really says anything. I was hoping that my mum would get to like fishkeeping, so then i could have a big tank downstairs other than only having small tanks in my bedroom, but she sees no appeal in them, infact she really dislikes them, she has completely refused to have any tank of any size downstairs, not even a 5.5g nano marine. bah, i'll have to wait until i move out to get that 6 foot tank :P
 
i have opposite problem. mates come round fotr brew and catch up and to sort out any of lifes little probs and it take me a while to drag them way from the tank. they seem to have a thing for guppies and corys
 

Most reactions

Back
Top