People Who Don't Like Fish.

PlecMama

Fish Addict
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
987
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
GB
A structural engineer came today to look at our roof (it's all ok - thank goodness) and sat right beside our big tank in the living room.

He had my usual seat on the couch and the big plecs went and sucked up right beside him trying to persuade him to feed them, and these are big guys, a good 9 inches each - and he didn't even comment on them!

How can you ignore a totally beautiful huge monster plec?? I will never understand some people.
 
hi,
i know what you mean, i had my whole family round last week and some of them had there back to my tank,
i kept saying look my clown loach, look my flash pleco (its rare he comes out, and the clowns are shy around people they dont know) and no one was botherd, :/ .
i would love to see pics of your lovely plecos. donna :good:
 
all some people are 'impressed' by are stupidly overstocked tanks :angry:

not at my place duh, but one of my cousins, comes rounds, likes fish, says my tank is crap (thanks for that lol) and next time I go round, a tiny 12 gallon with 3 or 4 severums, and loads of other fish, and a blue lobster
 
How can you ignore a totally beautiful huge monster plec?? I will never understand some people.
I couldn't - but I know plenty of people who could. It just doesn't interest them; kinda like how skateboarding is all some people live for, while I am not interested at all. If someone had a very expensive board on their wall signed by Tony Hawk, I wouldn't really comment on it either.
Actually, bad example. Just skip the Tony Hawk part, because I'd be interested in the fact that he's famous. :X
 
My friends think they are cute, but don't seem to appreciate natural tanks. They tell me to get pink gravel to match my bedsheets. :P
 
If someone had a very expensive board on their wall signed by Tony Hawk, I wouldn't really comment on it either.
Actually, bad example. Just skip the Tony Hawk part, because I'd be interested in the fact that he's famous. :X

As it goes, I went to a skate exhibition in Cardiff in about 1990, maybe 92. Tony Hawk was there, along with some of the other household names of the time.

Tony signed the Tony Hawk Powell board I was using at the time, with black marker. No idea what happened to that, but I think I rail slid his sig off. He signed my T shirt too. Don't know what happened to that either. This was when the only people who knew him were skaters, not everyone and their Mum.

Sorry for the OT post, you just brought my youth flooding back. I don't see how people can ignore your fish either!
 
I got a 145gallon tank which takes up most ofmy small living room and I've have people not say anything about it! Dunno how they can miss it?
 
i don't like fish before i started keeping them.
i like them as food though, well even now.
 
I got a 145gallon tank which takes up most ofmy small living room and I've have people not say anything about it! Dunno how they can miss it?


WOW! 145gal in a small living room! Can i come round? I promise to notice it and make some lovely comments!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:
 
Most people ignore my tank too. My mates wil be round and someone will say "when did u get the fish"! Duh, they have been there over a year now!!!
 
Different people like different things.

I for one cannot see the attraction of children, but I do not expect to be criticised for not noticing something a child has done. If it doesn't interest someone then they won't really look.

Similarly, planted tanks and cichlids both hold no interest for me, so I am unlikely to sit and marvel at them, no matter what their size or greatness.
 
Maybe he has ab uber amazing SW tank and fines FW nothing compared to it.

Different people like different things.

I for one cannot see the attraction of children, but I do not expect to be criticised for not noticing something a child has done. If it doesn't interest someone then they won't really look.

Similarly, planted tanks and cichlids both hold no interest for me, so I am unlikely to sit and marvel at them, no matter what their size or greatness.
:D yeah see.. like that.. just like I have no attraction to SW unleast it is freaky things like in his sig. What is that thing anyway andy?
 
I know plenty of people who could. It just doesn't interest them; kinda like how skateboarding is all some people live for, while I am not interested at all.

I can relate to this example. I love mtn biking, I could talk about it all day and I get excited about it, but most people I know could care less. Some people just don't appreciate fish.


i don't like fish before i started keeping them.

Before getting my son his tank, I never really had interest in fish either. Now I'd most likely comment a little more on someone's tank, where before I may have just smiled and said "How nice."

Unless of course, there was really something unusual in the tank, like that big pleco or clown fish... then I might say "Wow look at that!!" Now I'd probably drool over it as well... :P
 

Most reactions

Back
Top