saz326
Fish Herder
Do you ever test the water for contamination?
I know in the UK we have areas of land that contain heavy metals.
(in Devon the soil can be rich in arsenic! That was a fun university study we did. Ended up testing peoples home grown carrots and found a multitude of nasties.).
Do you ever use bonding agents to bind any heavy metals up?
Also, do your wells fill from the natural water table? If so, do you know just where the water comes from. i.e. does it come from areas nearby that have farms, or aggricultural land? Or could your neighbours be using fertiliser that is slowly draining into your well?
I ask this as I have no idea how trustworthy well water is in the uk. I do know that we are getting increasing amounts of stuff like oestrogen in our rivers and streams but as I say no idea of well water quality.
I know in the UK we have areas of land that contain heavy metals.
(in Devon the soil can be rich in arsenic! That was a fun university study we did. Ended up testing peoples home grown carrots and found a multitude of nasties.).
Do you ever use bonding agents to bind any heavy metals up?
Also, do your wells fill from the natural water table? If so, do you know just where the water comes from. i.e. does it come from areas nearby that have farms, or aggricultural land? Or could your neighbours be using fertiliser that is slowly draining into your well?
I ask this as I have no idea how trustworthy well water is in the uk. I do know that we are getting increasing amounts of stuff like oestrogen in our rivers and streams but as I say no idea of well water quality.








