Peacock gudgeons, one acting weird

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yes, ive heard dark substrate makes them feel more comfortable and they will even show more coloration... But it seems yours is doing really well so I mean... Youre doing great
I just sat realized I wrote I've never seen my fish burrow or dead...of course I meant "dig."

I think that yours will look great on the black sand if I can afford it I may get some too.
although I have to add I just set up one of my tanks with sand and I really don't like it...🤔

I just sat realized I wrote I've never seen my fish burrow or dead...of course I meant "dig."

I think that yours will look great on the black sand if I can afford it I may get some too.
although I have to add I just set up one of my tanks with sand and I really don't like it...🤔
Lol I thought you actually meant dead...
What sand did you use on the tank? If its a tan sand it can look bland to some... Black sand makes EVERYTHING pop

Well… one of the gudgeons died last night, not sure why. I didn’t consider them not getting along like that. It’s strange cause the other one though he’s alone is acting normal. But they need a friend so I’m going to have to go back to the store far away to get him one. But to answer some of your questions this thank has been my guppie nursery/ panda Cory tank. The cories have been there for a while. Thank you all for your responses and knowledge. I’m pretty bummed about that one dying. Hopefully I can keep the other one alive until I can get him a friend…
okay I just read back through the thread and it seems like the 20 gallon just had puppies and Cory's so....

You said that you had moved some fish out and you thought maybe that's what had stress them out?

also on the pictures you posted it looked as if that head was right in the middle of a tank, so that's why I wrote that about the head possibly getting in the way.

Anyway I'm not sure what to tell you what's up for that one poor fish that didn't make it

if the one remaining fish seems to be getting along fine in the guppies and Cory tank I wouldn't worry about it for now. It has places to hide and if you watch the tank closely maybe you can figure out what may have happened also you can see if there's anything that may be a problem with the one remaining

I don't know anything about guppies are they aggressive is there a chance they could have hurt that one if she was trying to get up to feed because normally they don't go up to the top like that

maybe just concentrate on deciding if you want to keep peacock gungeons in the future and how many etc that way you could set them up in the right environment.

This will probably require a new tank but just think what would I put with Cory's? 😄

I think that with just the guppies the Peacocks would be fine in the 20g. You could get a larger group then.

if I remember correctly you would work something out for feeding the remaining fish and that it was fine.

Just remember if you get too many guppies in there you're going to have to do more water changes and really watch your parameters

but with the corries they occupy the same space as I mentioned before and I think Cory's are kind of wiggly and that probably freak The dungeons out

*Please excuse grammar and spelling mistakes I got to run

Oh before I forget I didn't mean to hijack your thread with all my other fish pictures and stuff

How about an update on how things are going now...

Okay now I really got to go

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back