Peacock gudgeons, one acting weird

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

I don't think the other tank, as you point out, isn't a better option.

I don't know if it is necessary for it to have a friend...like I mentioned if it was, or may be, a male and female it might make it worse? I'm sorry I just don't know for sure.
Can you get a picture of the other fish?
Can you please post a couple of pictures of the tank he/she is in now? Also, how many Panda Cory?
Depending on the situation it might be better to keep the fish alone for now. If the unknown sexed fish is utilizing the cave and doesn't appear stressed that would be my choice.

Also, what did you observe in your tank during the time you put them in there? Any aggression? Fish freaking out?

I can give you a better opinion if I see some more picturesšŸ˜‰.

Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for your Gudgeons?

Well its odd because when I first added them they where okay, mostly staying together at the bottom among the plants and rock and stuff. Then I decided to move most of the fish that where in there with them out, witch proved to be a big mistake. They where not happy alone. It still doesnā€™t Seem happy now either all the time at least, night now heā€™s about 4 inches from the surface, but went right back to the head thing. As for pictures well please excuse me awful glass, I get scared to dip my post welding gear hands/arms into the tank. Also I have 6 panda cories. I will do my best with the pictures rn but I can clean in a little bit then add updated ones

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 45
Well its odd because when I first added them they where okay, mostly staying together at the bottom among the plants and rock and stuff. Then I decided to move most of the fish that where in there with them out, witch proved to be a big mistake. They where not happy alone. It still doesnā€™t Seem happy now either all the time at least, night now heā€™s about 4 inches from the surface, but went right back to the head thing. As for pictures well please excuse me awful glass, I get scared to dip my post welding gear hands/arms into the tank. Also I have 6 panda cories. I will do my best with the pictures rn but I can clean in a little bit then add updated o
Well its odd because when I first added them they where okay, mostly staying together at the bottom among the plants and rock and stuff. Then I decided to move most of the fish that where in there with them out, witch proved to be a big mistake. They where not happy alone. It still doesnā€™t Seem happy now either all the time at least, night now heā€™s about 4 inches from the surface, but went right back to the head thing. As for pictures well please excuse me awful glass, I get scared to dip my post welding gear hands/arms into the tank. Also I have 6 panda cories. I will do my best with the pictures rn but I can clean in a little bit then add updated ones
Well I just put the big syringe I use to feed in and the gudgeon was up and ready to eat rather enthused. So maybe he is okay just hungry

Well its odd because when I first added them they where okay, mostly staying together at the bottom among the plants and rock and stuff. Then I decided to move most of the fish that where in there with them out, witch proved to be a big mistake. They where not happy alone. It still doesnā€™t Seem happy now either all the time at least, night now heā€™s about 4 inches from the surface, but went right back to the head thing. As for pictures well please excuse me awful glass, I get scared to dip my post welding gear hands/arms into the tank. Also I have 6 panda cories. I will do my best with the pictures rn but I can clean in a little bit then add updated on

Okay help me out here which tank is this?
You have two tanks a 20 gallon and a 38 gallon correct?

Neat looking tank, Cosmic

Here is a low-quality video of my fry šŸ˜Š

Also, @Rocky998

They are so very tiny and growing so very slow...

Okay help me out here which tank is this?
You have two tanks a 20 gallon and a 38 gallon correct?
That one is the 20, and yea I do have the two.
Neat looking tank, Cosmic

Here is a low-quality video of my fry šŸ˜Š

Also, @Rocky998

They are so very tiny and growing so very slow...
And oh wow are those the gudgeons? They are very small like wow, but Iā€™ve heard that about gudgeon fry. I always love having fry they are so cute. And thanks I like that one too

That one is the 20, and yea I do have the two.

And oh wow are those the gudgeons? They are very small like wow, but Iā€™ve heard that about gudgeon fry. I always love having fry they are so cute. And thanks I like that one too
Yes those are peacock gudgeon fry

So are those pictures of that 20 gallon tank where your one remaining fish is?

Oh wow thatā€™s awesome they are so cute, and yeah thatā€™s where he is right now, heā€™s in one of the pictures I believe.at the top too witch worries me. Usually I go over and I canā€™t find him for a while tho, I assume that means heā€™s in a cave so good? But Iā€™m not sure

Here is a close-up of two Peacocks and a Blue-eyed Forktail...(the one at the bottom with the blue eyes...)
IMG_20211113_134941~2.jpg

Wow, thatā€™s an awesome setup, and thatā€™s an awesome combo. Those rainbows are really cool too Iā€™ve never seen them.

I love your gudgeons!! One thing though id change with the tank... Id use sand instead if rocks because peacocks like to burrow and dig...
I noticed you had the dark sand in your tank and I have also seen that online.
You certainly have done your research. Actually I've never seen my fish burrow or dead but maybe that's because I have gravel. That's just what I happen to have at the time so that's what I used. I'm going to seriously have to think about getting a bigger tank especially since I have 6 P. furcatus fry, and at least 30 of the gudgeon.
šŸ˜

I noticed you had the dark sand in your tank and I have also seen that online.
You certainly have done your research. Actually I've never seen my fish burrow or dead but maybe that's because I have gravel. That's just what I happen to have at the time so that's what I used. I'm going to seriously have to think about getting a bigger tank especially since I have 6 P. furcatus fry, and at least 30 of the gudgeon.
šŸ˜
Yes, ive heard dark substrate makes them feel more comfortable and they will even show more coloration... But it seems yours is doing really well so I mean... Youre doing great

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back