Peacock gudgeon photos

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

My male guarding his cave area
20220907_081320_capture.jpg

You wouldn't believe how long it took me to get these photos...
There has been minor aggression showing in the sense that some of them are chasing and flaring. I know they are pretty young still but I think I can pick out a few of the males and females. They show it in how they move and the way their fins flow.
20220924_182122_capture.jpg
20220924_182818_capture.jpg

I forget, do you have soft or hard water?

They are doing quite well for you, such beautiful little fish....ever considered selling/shipping some of them?

They are doing quite well for you, such beautiful little fish....ever considered selling/shipping some of them?
That's what I am planning on doing!
Still unsure if I'm brave enough to ship but I will definitely post on Craigslist or something

That's what I am planning on doing!
Still unsure if I'm brave enough to ship but I will definitely post on Craigslist or something
Shipping fish isn't the ominous task it may seem like...lots of tutorials out there showing the process, step-by-step

I too have soft water, was wondering how they would do for me....hint, hint ;)

Might not be compatible with my present stocking, though

Shipping fish isn't the ominous task it may seem like...lots of tutorials out there showing the process, step-by-step

I too have soft water, was wondering how they would do for me....hint, hint ;)

Might not be compatible with my present stocking, though
Yah... I see the videos and write-ups. Looks simple but I'm scared I'll screw it up and dead fish arrive. Especially with the types of bags. Confused on that part.

What size of tank is it and what is in the tank?
I'm sure, as long as all the inhabitants are fairly small and peaceful, they won't pick at the gudgeons and the gudgeons won't go at them. BUT they may do chasing and flaring (depending on what size of fish you have and their tempermant)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back