PC/VHO retrofit for eclipse 37Gal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LobsterOfJustice

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My 37 gallon tank which I've been working on for 5 or so years now just recently crashed. Although sad, I think it does offer a good chance to start over and do something new. I want to make a completely planted tank, with a school or two of some tetras etc... A few months ago (before it crashed) I bought some new lightbulbs for it that were supposed to grow plants, but I dont know if they worked because apparently I had some fish that liked to eat plants. So if I'm going planted this time I want to do it right. I dont want to spend too much money... I'm already in the middle of setting up a saltwater reef tank... but I'd like to get this tank up and running again.

So if anyone has any personal experience with upgrading the lighting on an eclipse system please share :D

Anyone?

I need to replace the lights either way because the fixture that came with it is broken...

I considered retrofitting my eclipse hood with the PC lights available from AH Supply. (google it) They come with a kit and instructions on mounting and wiring and such, and from what i understand the reflector will fit underneath the original stock condensation guard in an Eclipse system with a little trimming. That said, i decided it was too much hassle, bought new bulbs for my existing fixture, and figured eventually i'll just replace the hood with something less annoying. :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back