Pangaisus With weired neuro behavior

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Is there any explanation behind it?
Im open for trying alot of "alternative treatments" but i always want to know whats the explanation behind the idea to use it
Does anyone else here ever done it? wouldent it demage the water quality? i mean this is alot of sugar and stuff for germs to eat ...

Honey has lots of anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral properties and is great at treating some infections in people and animals. However, it gets put onto wounds and allowed to soak into the wound and surrounding tissue.

As far as putting it in water, it dissolves in water and would not do anything to help fish. The sugars might encourage a bacterial bloom but I can't see it doing anything else. However, if there is any information about using it in ponds or aquariums, I would be interested in reading it. We can always do with another safe treatment for fish diseases.

After a few days he seems better. I think the neuro behavior is much worst when hes stressed.. the guy who i took him from said he never saw him whirling just swimming weired and the first 3 days after i took him it was horrible , he was spinning alot,and i think its beaause he was super stressed from the move and the new enviorment, but now hes much better, didnt see him spin the last 24 hours just occasionly swim abit weired, and he started to eat again

Wanted to consult about moving him to the tank with the ther pangaisus.. The way he is now its seems k=like he can be ok, but im afriad that he will be stressed again and then start to whirl,which might hurt himself and stress the others, what do you think?

What have you done to help it get better?

I would keep it separate for another couple of weeks just to let it eat and build up some strength, then move it into the bigger tank.

I dont think i did anything, i used kanaplex and prazi ,but i dont think that this what made it better, i think its beacuse he calmed down and got used to the new enviorment

Hi, After about 2 mounths of him eating and seems ok and stable theres seems to be wrosning in his situation. Heres a vid of him today. yesterday he ate today he didnt but it might beacuse i did a WC that stressed him. Hes not lethargic and when he scared he swims very fast
I want to try to use a med called naladic acid which claims to treat whirling disease. does anyone here has exp using it? Thank you

Do you mean nalidixic acid?
I have never heard of it until just now so can't advise on it.

Reading back on this, the fish was doing something similar to that in the first video.
Was the fish ok for the last 2 months or was it spinning and twisting during that time?

Fish that spin, spiral or twist in the water usually have an infection in the brain. But this has been going on for a while so I still think it might have brain damage.

Hes like this for alot of time but in last 2 days it got worse

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back