Panda Cory

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Supersalmon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if these little guys are suitable for a community tank and how easy they are to keep? Have seen some in lfs and they look great but want to know if they are easy to keep?

Supersalmon said:
Can anyone tell me if these little guys are suitable for a community tank and how easy they are to keep? Have seen some in lfs and they look great but want to know if they are easy to keep?
Yay, Panda Corys!!! I have one and I love it! Been wanting to get more, but the LFS doesn't have them when I go in :( Mine is in a community tank with other Corys, a three-inch pleco, a Betta, and Platys. Haven't had any problems. Mine has been quite easy to keep...just feed him and do the water changes on occasion (once or twice a week) and things are good. I highly recommend Panda Corys (or any Corys, for that matter) :nod: :thumbs:

Pamela
aka Lizard

i love my four pandas. theyre great in a community tank. they keep the bottom clean of food and love getting sinking wafers a couple times a week. my pandas are VERY active little guys, always skittering about the tank, over the rocks, up and down the glass occasionally. they don't bother the mollies, and the mollies don't bother them. they are very easy to keep.

Hi Supersalmon :)

Pandas are cute and tiny corys that are great community tank citizens provided that the fish you keep them with are the same. :nod:

I have 9 of them and enjoy them thourouhly! :thumbs:

All corys are schooling fish and need to be kept in groups. Fish that school, tend to be shy and easily frightened when they are alone, but when kept in a group will feel secure and become much more playful and active.

The most important thing to do, if you keep pandas or other corys, is to keep the bottom of the tank clean by siphoning the fish waste up on a regular basis. If you do that, and feed them a balanced diet, there is little else involved. :D

philby4000 said:
i wuv my panda.

its so tiny
Hi philby4000 :)

Do you have any other corys, too? Or do you only have the one panda? :unsure:

Inchworm said:
philby4000 said:
i wuv my panda.

its so tiny

Do you have any other corys, too? Or do you only have the one panda? :unsure:
i only have one, the only other catfish i own are a couple of ghost catfishes.

my sister has 4 big bronze corys in her mahoosive tank.

Please try to get a couple more of the little pandas to keep yours company. ;)

All corys are schooling fish and are used to being around many of their kind. When you only have one it is lonesome and gets scared easily. :sad:

I raise corys and have seen the way they grow up together. They huddle up and play together, tumbling and swimming all around. If you look at your sister's corys you will see that they are like that too. I'm sure they are much happier than your is in a tank all by itself. :nod:

ok, thanks for the advice, i'll get a couple more pandas :D

i'll just have to move one of the bigger fish to make room...

philby4000 said:
...i'll get a couple more pandas :D

i'll just have to move one of the bigger fish to make room...

If you could do that, it would be wonderful! :thumbs: He will love you for it!

Wait until you see how much happier he is when he has companions in there with him! :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back