Panda cory no tail

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dyood

Reaction score
Panda cory has no tail

Very small panda cory has lost its tail along the way more then likely due to tiger barbs

Is there any hope for him or more then likely not

Have him isolated as of now in a breeder box ad I don't have another tank as of now

As you can hopefully see it is still alive

Attachments

• 16627357535496655775386385722811.jpg
    16627357535496655775386385722811.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 41
The poor fish seems to be on its back which is not good. As for the tail, it depends upon the cause; if it has been nipped by other fish it can regrow, if it is due to bacteria it may or may not.

This cory like all cories must be kept in a group of 10 or more, it must have a sand substrate, and it cannot be kept with aggressive fish (Tiger Barbs were mentioned).

Tiger Barbs require a group of 12 or more, and tankmates must be carefully chosen. This can reduce the fish's natural aggressive nature, hopefully.

The poor fish seems to be on its back which is not good. As for the tail, it depends upon the cause; if it has been nipped by other fish it can regrow, if it is due to bacteria it may or may not.

This cory like all cories must be kept in a group of 10 or more, it must have a sand substrate, and it cannot be kept with aggressive fish (Tiger Barbs were mentioned).

Tiger Barbs require a group of 12 or more, and tankmates must be carefully chosen. This can reduce the fish's natural aggressive nature, hopefully.
The cory has got himself back up on his front, they have enough in groups and they have all been fine for over a month, I know its not bacterial everyone else is fine and I test my water im sure its just nipped but unsure, on the best course of action right now

You are there to observe the fish interactions, and if there is a suspicion of some fish nipping the tail the fish must be separated. You have not provided actual numbers for the cories or the tiger barbs, but what I posted previously applies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back