Painting The Back Of A Fish Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nosphaer

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, everyone,

My boyfriend's laptop is still being repaired, and it probably wont be on it's way back for a while. I'm speaking on behalf of Onidrase, for all who are familiar with him.

He's getting a 55 Gallon tank, and he wants to know what variety of paint he needs to use for the fishtank. He aims to paint it black, and it's a glass aquarium... We can't be using watercolors of course! XD

A direct quote from him is below:

"P.S. I don't care if you like cling ons or tape ones better for these reasons, and I've hears all that before, but I still wanna paint it."

Ordinary gloss paint is fine. Out side of the tank of course :lol:

like above just get a bottle of spray paint and spray onto the back of the tank "OUTSIDE" i have done this with my tank and it have a perfect finish :p

Ronan

I've used Emulsion before and that works fine too! needs a few coats but you can use the tester pots from DIY shops etc so if it's not a huge tank it's pretty cost effective

I have used blackboard paint on mine, its matt so has no reflection.

However it needs around 3-4 coats, and can scratch off really easily if you are not careful.

Another suggestion for you .. Instead of painting it.

Black vinyl.

Can be bought of ebay fairly cheaply, stick that too the back of the tank. Can be removed easily enough then.

People are vinyl wrapping cars these days, so should last on a fish tank :good:

Bit of both i found best results painting some hardboard and fixing it with self adhesive black velcro. Then if you fancy a change like some sort of bacdrop its easy, no scraping.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back