Overfeeding

wolfwolf

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
327
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Pennsylvania, USA
I have recently cut back both of my tanks to probably 1/3 of what I fed them in the past. My fish now get as much as they can eat in about 30 seconds. I do this once a day. My fish have slimmed down and I have not had any more deaths in my 29 gallon tank. If I fed them what they would eat in 2 minutes I have a danio and a serpae tetra that would explode. I still give the bottom feeders the slow disolving pellets.

My fish seem to have better color and are more active. They still get the occasional cucumber, peas, brine shrimp or bloodworm treats.

Am I wrong in feeding this way? Does anyone else have similar experiences?

Both tanks are

ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10-20
kH - 1-3
pH 7.0 to 7.5
 
seems fine to me coz thats what i do.
i once gave them some dodgy blood worm and all of my fish became really bloated so i didnt feed them till they slimmed down again. i dont get blood worm from there any more.
 
A varied diet is the key to healthy fish.
I feed three times aday.
Don't over feed bloodworms as they can bloat a fish up.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top