"outdoor" Fish Tank ? Possible ?

Faythee

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have 3 Tinfoil Barbs that have gotten to be 5.5", they already are "big" fish as they have alot of girth. Growing very fast ! I have them with 2 Severums, Rainbows, and an Oplaine in a 75 US gal. tank.

Going to be too big for tank and I am quite attached. They are prettier than any I've ever seen, bright red fins.

I live in Florida with tropical weather. I am wondering if I can set up a 100 gal. tank in my pool area. I have space with indirect sunlight. I know the tinfoils can be kept as coldwater fish. But, what about the heat. We get temps into the 90's outdoors. Is there such a thing as a chiller ?

Can I do this somehow ?

Thanks !

I have 3 Tinfoil Barbs that have gotten to be 5.5", they already are "big" fish as they have alot of girth. Growing very fast ! I have them with 2 Severums, Rainbows, and an Oplaine in a 75 US gal. tank.

Going to be too big for tank and I am quite attached. They are prettier than any I've ever seen, bright red fins.

I live in Florida with tropical weather. I am wondering if I can set up a 100 gal. tank in my pool area. I have space with indirect sunlight. I know the tinfoils can be kept as coldwater fish. But, what about the heat. We get temps into the 90's outdoors. Is there such a thing as a chiller ?

Can I do this somehow ?

Thanks !

there is a such thing as a chiller, but are mostly used from marine. They are very very exspensive. Ill see if i can give you an idea. brb.

I would go with fish that like warmer water, and a heater. The heater will get you through cooler times, and will not run when it's warmer.

If it tends to get too warm, you can do some cooler water changes in the evening. I'm sure I will be doing the same this summer, I have a 150 gallon tub running outdoors, platy breeding project. It is in the sun, I'm going to have to rug something over it for shade soon.

The blankets have been taken off, they were for insulation when it was getting to 30F at night.

kazyardpics028kl1.png

Hmmmmm.......We have 55 gal. drums at work. I think I will fill one up on the patio and keep testing the temp. and see just how much it fluctuates. The Tinfoils are currently kept at 80F. Maybe I can make this work. Thanks Tolak !

Most reactions

Back