Out Of Curiousity

cheerycherry

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hubby thinks im very strange due to naming some of my fishes so I wondered does anyone else or am I a nutcase?

I have my mr big which is one of my large male ciclids and my synodontis is ralphie (and no I dont know if it is male lol)
 
i do :D

Jambo
Day-day
Blade
D-bo

their personalities are too large not to have names


u are a nut case but your not the only one ;)

:lol:
 
my biggest Red Line Torpedo Barb is called Stripe, the biggest Tiger Barb is called Splodge (one of his stripes has spead and looks more like a splodge), my Kribensis is called Rolo and my Brislenose is called Rodger...
 
A bristlenose called Rodger???!!!

Iv'e an image of the bristlenose taking the role of Rodger Moore in James Bond now.. Dont think he'd get as many ladies with looks like that!

I want to name my tetras, but they are all in shoals and I cant tell the flippin' things apart... Apart from blindy (the blind one)

Spike and Millie (cockatoo dwarf cichlids)
Dora (Bronze cory)
Alfonzo (both of the adolfo cories I have- for some reason they look italian to me)
and Big fat ugly B***ard fish (my bristlenose)

such a nasty name - he doesnt deserve it im sure.
 
My Bettas all get names, but community fish are hard. I want to name my YoYo Loaches, but not only can I not tell them apart too well (the bigger ones are easier), what kind of connected name line can I give to 7 loaches? Maybe the 7 dwarves...

When I had three Clown Loaches, they were Big Pig (he was big, and he was a pig), Little Guy (intestinal parasites killed him) and Little Guy With Spot (like Little Guy, he was tiny and had parasites, but I could tell him apart because of a spot on his side near his tail. I grew attached him him before he died). I still have Big Pig.

The male Bristlenose Pleco is Sir Burton (a sort of play on a famous horse from the early 20th century named Sir Barton, and the director I love, Tim Burton). The female pleco is Mrs Lovett, who, in the movie Sweeney Todd, was played by Helena Bonham Carter, who is Tim Burton's partner.

The Bettas are Sweeney and Leroidesanimoux (Leroy for short). I had Ed Gein, but he died a few months ago and I haven't gotten around to changing my siggy pic.

I also had two African Dwarf Frogs who I named Ichabod and Crane. Crane eventually died and Ichabod was moved to the 10 gallon that he now shares with 2 other ADFs (unnamed)
 
my syno was called banjo and my betta marina lol but there the only ones though i had helen and bob the apple snails named after my parents
scot :)
 
i name some but not all of them.my kribs are named laverne and shirley and my bn's are named bristle buddy and parsley.and i have a newt named newton.
 
I dont. I should name my angels( i have 8), but i dont feel like it. I feel kinda stupid naming something that dosent know its own name.
 
Ok im so glad its not just me then haha!

Though ralphie has now been names finley due to his large fin.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top