out door ponds

brookie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my mom is going to set up a 300 gallon pond and i was wondering what i really need because i looked at petstores and got confused i was also curious as to what plants and fish i could put in and any snails so basically everything and what about breeding?

to set up a 300 gallon pond you will need:

a liner (soft or rigid)
a pump of about 600ghp
a filter to filter 500 gallon pond (manufacturers often over estimate the power of there filters)
and then some pipe work and plants etc.
a lot of pondfish are hard to breed but people often breed them by mistake. your best bet would to simply start of with some fish and see what happens. specalist breeder use hormones which are not available o the aquarist.

ste2k3 said:
a lot of pondfish are hard to breed but people often breed them by mistake. your best bet would to simply start of with some fish and see what happens. specalist breeder use hormones which are not available o the aquarist.
pondfish arent hard to breed at all the best fish to put in a pond are goldfish and koi!

I don't really think that goldfish and koi are the BEST fish as that is personal taste. also, goldfish and koi are two of the dirtyest fish. theyb will stir up the silt at the bottom and with out a good filter you will have constant cloudy water. if you want goldfish and koi, then as long as you have the filter to cope, there won't be a problem. if you want something a little less messy, then golder orf etc are a better choice but like I said, its personall choice.

OK, they may not be difficult to breed but they are not the easyest of fish to breed. not like guppys etc. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back