Our Syrians, Toby And Elsa!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Carlovel1

& Oddballs
Reaction score
We got our 2 new Syrian Hamster babies 9 days ago (they were 24 days old at the time). They are Cinnamon-Banded Syrian Hamsters, 1 boy (Toby) 1 girl(Elsa, much smaller than Toby). Here they are:
Elsa to the left, Toby to the right
P1030141.jpg

P1030138.jpg

P1030131.jpg

Little Elsa
P1030105.jpg

Little Elsa
P1030101.jpg

Toby the Gold-Digger :hey:
P1030097.jpg

Toby
P1030089.jpg

Toby cleaning himself, Elsa to the right
P1030087.jpg

Toby
P1030083.jpg

Toby amongst out luxorious fleece blanket
P1030010.jpg

Toby
P1030143.jpg

Carl

They're very cute <3
I recently lost my Syrian, Tommy ;( But I do still have 2 dwarf cambells called Dee and Jae :D

They're very cute <3
I recently lost my Syrian, Tommy ;( But I do still have 2 dwarf cambells called Dee and Jae :D
Sorry for you loss, we recently lost out first hamster on the 4th January '11 :-( He was an identical copy of Toby :-(

Got yourself a pair of cuties there Carl.

Keith.

They are very cute. Can I ask where you got them from? Only normally baby hamsters should not leave their siblings until they are around 6 weeks old, your babies look very small still! Are they being house seperately?

Gorgeous colours! Makes me want to have hamsters again, but my dad won't let me have any more animals =p

They are very cute. Can I ask where you got them from? Only normally baby hamsters should not leave their siblings until they are around 6 weeks old, your babies look very small still! Are they being house seperately?

Baby Syrians can leave their moms at between 21 and 28 days . . . any older and they would start breeding and/or fighting.

The photos were from the second day we had them and yes, they are housed seperately.

They are gorgeous, ive had my first ever syrian for a week on wednesday :D
He's started taking yoghurt drops from my hand but wont let me try to touch him :S he's mouthed my finger and perks up when i call him.
How should i go about taming him? i know im probably being impatient lol When i got my ratty he came fully tame :D
Toffee, soo sweet, i think he might be about 10 weeks
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=135539766510393&set=a.106727692724934.10792.100001631123275

They are gorgeous, ive had my first ever syrian for a week on wednesday :D
He's started taking yoghurt drops from my hand but wont let me try to touch him :S he's mouthed my finger and perks up when i call him.
How should i go about taming him? i know im probably being impatient lol When i got my ratty he came fully tame :D
Toffee, soo sweet, i think he might be about 10 weeks
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=135539766510393&set=a.106727692724934.10792.100001631123275

:X It will be quite hard to tame him. Nervous Hamsters stay nervous, thats why you should always handle the hamsters before buying, you should buy them based on their personality rather than its looks :nod: :lol:
Saying that, our old hamster was slightly nervous. It took a few months of carefully handling him and building up trust (like feeding him different foods from your fingers and buying him treats...) that he became handle-able.

Carl

So just be patient and try to catch him and feed him in my hands?

I couldnt find anywhere that sells then fully tame anyway

I'll second that ^^ They're gorgeous :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back