Our Syrians, Toby And Elsa!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I would keep an eye on Toby as infections would be easily passed between the two by yourselves. At the first sign of illness you must take him to the vet. Good luck, they are both beautiful.

I would keep an eye on Toby as infections would be easily passed between the two by yourselves. At the first sign of illness you must take him to the vet. Good luck, they are both beautiful.
ok :good: At the moment, Toby is in great shape, sleeping during nightime and active during the day. Strange but thats him :D :hey:

Usually the 'tilting the head back and gasping' is the 'last throes' so to speak.. but it may well have been a respiratory infection...

To be safe id make sure anyone who has a cold stays well away from the hamsters (a human cold can kill a hamster), keep Toby warm and dry, and keep a very close eye on him, RI's can spread.

Hope Tobes is doin ok! Its great to hear he is up during the the day, its lovely when they are trained well enough, there is no need for them to be nocturnal in captivity and tbh it would be easy to breed out of them. When i was breeding, some lines of hamsters were more active during the day than others and it seemed to pass on to babies or the babies learnt from mum!

Usually the 'tilting the head back and gasping' is the 'last throes' so to speak.. but it may well have been a respiratory infection...
I captured Elsa's weird gasping on my phone and watching it again, I'm pretty sure it was that. Sad really, we all loved her :* :rip:

To be safe id make sure anyone who has a cold stays well away from the hamsters (a human cold can kill a hamster), keep Toby warm and dry, and keep a very close eye on him, RI's can spread.
:nod: We don't touch Toby if anyone is ill. :good:

Hope Tobes is doin ok! Its great to hear he is up during the the day, its lovely when they are trained well enough, there is no need for them to be nocturnal in captivity and tbh it would be easy to breed out of them. When i was breeding, some lines of hamsters were more active during the day than others and it seemed to pass on to babies or the babies learnt from mum!
Awww, cute :blush:
Its great to see Toby maturing, peeing in his little corner when he knows we will take him out of his cage. :wub:
Such clever little things... :D

P1040877.jpg

toby.png

UPDATE WITH PHOTOS :D

Toby stuffing his cheeks in the bowl of Rice Krispies®
IMAG0213.jpg

Toby and the cocktail of Fruit
toby2.png

Toby and the Strawberry and banana milkshake
toby1.png

Toby and the Napkins (awake)
Toby4.png

Toby and the Napkins (sleeping)
toby3.png

Very cool ( do you share your food with him then :unsure: )

Ahh so you dint finish the rice crispies or milk shake then

( fair enough if you did just not my cup of tea lol)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back