Our Kittens Life Taken By Two Dogs

cichlidcrazy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
On saturday our 4 month kitten Bagpuss was killed by 2 german sheperds while there owner watched on as a neighbour tried to pull his dogs off.He made no atempt to pull the dogs off himself or even call them.
He then walked away saying that it was natural .As you can imagine we are absolutly devastated ,we contacted the police who told us they could do nothing we have another kitten layla ,bagpusses sister we dont want this to happen again to her or any other cat .we have reported it to the dog warden who say they will write to him and request that he keeps his dogs on the lead and that they be mussled .We feel that this is not justice we will be contacting the RSPCA in the morning in the hope that the will take the dogs away from him .

This is Bagpuss as you can see he was absolutly gorgeous
layla049.jpg

The grave our 3 children decorated for him he will be sadly missed
bagpuss002.jpg

that is disgusting and should never of happend, that man has no heart as far as im concerned :grr: IMO the dogs should be taken off him and then the dogs assessed to see if they are fit to be rehomed because if they are able to kill are poor defenceless cat im sure they would be able to take down a small child as well.did u witness this by the way ?im so so so sorry for your loss :-( and bag puss looked gorgeous.if bag puss and his sister were very close then id look out for any different behaviour from the other cat as they can mourn as well and some times become ill because of it , ive heard many cases of cats mourning and have experianced it as well. r.i.p bag puss :(

Thank you for your kind words no we never witnessed it but several of our neighbours did layla is most defo missing her brother thay were allways playing together she looks lost without him.

i am so sorry for your loss :-( i cant begin to imagine how hard it must be for you. In my opinion that man does not deserve to keep that dog, because with owning a dog comes a responsibility to make sure that it is no danger to other people or animals. Now, for this sort of thing to happen despite everything being done to try and stop the incident is one thing, but to stand aside and watch this happen without bothering to help is another and is absolutely disgraceful, especially after he refused to take responsibility for it. I wish you the best of luck in your campaign to have the dogs taken away from him. Bagpuss was a gorgeous kitten, rest in peace little one :rip:

the fact that he said it is natural is sick. It is also natural for dogs to hunt and kill humans, would he let them kill him?

also, 'natural' dogs aren't kept in homes and don't have toys or whatever.

what a complete and utter...

I am so sorry for your loss. What a devastating thing to happen to a pet. What an idiot for an owner. He should be made to wear a lead and muzzle, sod. :rip: Beautiful kitty :-(

I remember when I was a little girl, how a neighbours dog ripped another neighbours new kitten to shreds in front of a bunch of us (all kids) and when the one mom came outside to see what we were all screaming about, this dog (a rotti) turned on her and then us!! We were petrified and the police and RSPCA were called and the dog taken away. I'm sorry, but if they can attack a little defensless animal, what is to stop them from attacking a child!! I would report this moron to the RSPCA and hopefully they will deal with it in a proper manner.

:/

That's all he gets? Is a letter from the warden telling him to put his dogs on a lead? If I witnessed that I would have killed those two dogs on the spot. That is terrible..

I am so sorry Having been through this years ago i know what you have gone through :sad:

our old white cat was dragged off our steps in our own garden by a JR terrier and ripped to shredds

we contacted the police and like you where told there was nothing we could do.we still took him to court and he got off with it saying just because it killed the cat doesnt mean it would attack a person 2 months later the same dog attacked a child who was sitting in her own garden nursing her kitten and the little girl needed 22 stitches in her face

I am so sorry Having been through this years ago i know what you have gone through :sad:

our old white cat was dragged off our steps in our own garden by a JR terrier and ripped to shredds

we contacted the police and like you where told there was nothing we could do.we still took him to court and he got off with it saying just because it killed the cat doesnt mean it would attack a person 2 months later the same dog attacked a child who was sitting in her own garden nursing her kitten and the little girl needed 22 stitches in her face

That is absolutly terrible and is exactly the sort of thing i dont want to happen in this case.
I have just come off the phone from talking to the RSPCA and they were disgusted with what had happend they are sending a inspector round to assess the situation.
We have a large green infront of our house and this guy would get his dog to sit there while he goes home and sometimes even go out in his car for 2 to 3 hours then come and call his dog.
dog would just sit there i have seen children playing with it while he is not there. I explaned this to the RSPCA and they said for him to have train the dog to sit in one place for so long on comand that he could have most certanly called them off.

Oh my God, that is just disgusting. I cried and it's not even my cat! :-(
That... I'm really just at a loss for words. Anyone who can stand by and watch a dog, nevermind their OWN dogs, tear apart some helpless kitten needs to be shot, plain and simple. I wouldn't want to kill the dogs, I'd want to kill the owner. He's the one truly at fault.

I am really sorry to hear what happened.

Unfortunately a lot of people do not deserve to keep animals and you seem to have one living next to you.

We have 8 dogs and 6 cats and they live together very well, I hope the bloke gets his dogs removed from him because he does not deserve to be allowed them.

Steve :(

I am so sorry to hear about you kitten that is awful! I cant believe that the owner just stood there and said its natural! Ok so it might be natural for a dog to hunt etc but it doesnt mean that you should allow yours to do it whilst out or even encourage it! My dog has a thing against cats but I would never let him get one as soon as I see one I whilst were out walking I tighten the lead and distract him from it as best I can!

Surely there has to be something that can be done about these dogs? What were they doing out without a lead on anyway? Is it not illegal to walk your dogs on streets without leads regardless of if you think they are safe or not?

RIP Bagpuss! You were a beautiful cat!

awww that's awful, feel terrible for you.

My kitty's been missing for 3 days now and there's a dog/owner like that down my street, I'm terrified it's got her :sad:

He was gogeous, i am so gutted for you!

IT IS ILLEGAL TO SET DOGS ON A CAT>>>CALL THE CATS PROTECTION!!!! they will do something about it!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back