Our 125gal Tank

Thanks everyone :)
The black ruby barbs really are quite pretty. I'm just glad that they're not as skittish any longer. Now that they're with the other barbs, their colors have really deepened.

No more fish for this tank. My husband keeps saying something is missing, but he's forgetting that there are fish in the tank that are going to get really big. He just has no patience. lol
Plus I'd be afraid to add in any kind of smaller fish.
I'll have to get video of the tank. The barbs, rainbowfish, danios really makes the tank look full b/c they're so active.

Wow that has matured nicely since you started the tank.
Love the BGK

TY ty :)

Will try to get a video tonight if I remember to.

The pleco has been busy! The anubias are almost completely free of brown algae now. Still have some green spot stuff on them, but geeze.... the pleco is a beast! Guess I didn't need to leave that patch of algae for it on the wall heh.

Finally got a video! heh I took it a couple nights ago, just totally forgot to upload it though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aWupdhlbSk

The right side looks so gross w/ the ugly algae. The green stuff on the back doesn't really bother me b/c it's green. It's just the brown stuff, and the white crud that builds up on the plastic stuff... BLEH! That brown algae better hurry and clear up! lol

Everything is A-OK so far. All fish are healthy and the plants are doing somewhat better. The vallis, other than the thick jungle stuff, doesn't seem to really be growing well, but it's not dead, so *shrugs* Not sure what's going on there.
The pleco has done a really amazing job at cleaning up the anubias and various other algae covered bits. Doesn't look like it eats green spot stuff though.
Last water change, I didn't bother cleaning the algae off the back of the tank. Left it for the pleco :)
I'll probably get pics either at the end of this week or next week.

Quickie post.
Just went and looked in to the tank. Turned the room lights on.. saw some peppered cory in the corner, looked closer, and they were BLUE... wth?
The longer the light stayed on, the more the blue color faded. I got a couple of photos before the color faded completely. It was very strange though. I've never noticed that before. It's very cool, but just weird too.
Why do the fish get brighter colors when the lights are out?

The color didn't show very well when I took the photos, but you can still see it a little bit

Without Flash
7-13-3.jpg

With Flash
7-13-2.jpg

7-13-1.jpg

Photos time! YAY! lol

Right side
7-15-11.jpg

Middle
7-15-10.jpg

Left
7-15-9.jpg

Full
7-15-8.jpg

The island of plants. I'm gonna have to thin this out. It's getting pretty crazy lol. Gonna see if DH's father wants any for his pond
7-15-5.jpg

7-15-4.jpg

The tiger lotus in the back left side. I'm not sure why this one is doing so much better than the other 2. Maybe it's getting more nutrients or something. *shrugs* It's grown 2 new leaves :D
7-15-3.jpg

I know it's always said not to get fish to solve algae problems, but dang... the pleco has done a freakin fantastic job! There's still some green spot algae here and there, but remembering how they looked before, these look like whole new plants lol.
7-15-7.jpg

7-15-6.jpg

Tall hygro going crazy. I should probably prune some of these plants, but I like how tall they are :p
7-15-1.jpg

And the middle water sprite, wisteria, whatever it is going crazy. It's couple feet long now. Looking at it, probably well over 2ft.
7-15-2.jpg

And yep, that's all for now :D Everything is looking great so far. The swords that weren't looking too good have grown new leaves. Plants are actually starting to grow up now as you can see. All fish are doing great as far as I can tell lol. The clown loaches have been coming out a lot more recently which I'm happy about. Uhm.. and yep :D Oh the vallis in my little vallis valley doesn't seem to be growing up. It actually looks like it's thinned some. The plants are still alive. BUt they're smaller now. *shrugs* The big jungle vallis in the back though is growing like crazy!
I know the tank looks pretty wild, and although I REALLY like that organized look to planted tanks, I do like the whole disheaveled thing going on with my own heh.

Just did water change, and found one of the peppered cory dead :( Must've happened recently b/c I took those photos last night and didn't see anything. It was up in the island of plants.
Poor thing. Nothing looked physically wrong with it. No marks, nada. Looked VERY recent too. Like less than an hour of the water change.
I feel awful whenever a fish dies. Specially when I don't know what was wrong :( I hope the other cories are ok. I'll have to keep an eye on them now to make sure.

Just did water change, and found one of the peppered cory dead :( Must've happened recently b/c I took those photos last night and didn't see anything. It was up in the island of plants.
Poor thing. Nothing looked physically wrong with it. No marks, nada. Looked VERY recent too. Like less than an hour of the water change.
I feel awful whenever a fish dies. Specially when I don't know what was wrong :( I hope the other cories are ok. I'll have to keep an eye on them now to make sure.

If you tell Inchworm what I'm about to say, I'll deny everything. Corydoras are rather stupid fish. They get stuck in everything and have absolutely no bounderies or concept of territory. They will go everywhere. I have lost some to various "accidents" (getting stuck in filters, being buried under wood or rocks during a rescape,getting in the way of airline tubing during water changes, getting stuck in roots). They are dumb. It's entirely possible it could have swam into the mass of plants and gotten stuck. Don't feel bad. I love them, but they are stupid.

On a more positive note. Tank is looking good! Yours is getting quite stable now, and you're getting some good growth. Don't worry about the wild look. Keep the plants growing crazy for a few more months. Then you can start playing with scape.

llj

LOL.... I was thinking that maybe it got stuck up there, but then I thought that maybe it would've tryed to flop back in to the tank *shrugs* Guess not. Poor lil thing. Gonna thin it out tomorrow and give a bunch to DH's father for his pond if he wants it. So hopefully if it did get stuck up there and die, no others will have that problem. :p

tanks looking great now you have got some more height in there. Your patience has paid off :D And i see little algae too, have you overcome the problem?

Most reactions

Back