Otos Or Amano Shrimp

Dorkhedeos

Boss Major
Joined
Dec 1, 2003
Messages
2,896
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
San Francisco/San Jose, CA
Well, I havent scraped the side of my tank in about a month and a half because my algae problems were kept in check after the 3 amano shrimp and 3 otos I added. The thing is, a few days ago, I added 2 dwarf platies and 2 guppies, and a featherfin rainbow to the stock. The algae is slowing starting to creep up on me again. I am thinking about getting either 2 more otos or 2 more amano shrimp. Which one do you think will do a better job?
 
Well the oto's may appreciate some more buddies, they like to be in groups, plus you could also do more shrimp, they dont add much to the bio load :good:
 
Shrimps wont touch algea that grows up the side of the tank so i would say some more Otos!
 
All depends on the type of algae :) Oto's are fussy, amano will eat anything ;)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top