Oto With Eggs Maybe?

tangokitty

Fish Addict
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
781
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
California
I've had this fish for at least 6 months and it is much fatter then the other oto's. Everytime I see it it always has 2 other skinner ottos very close by. Could it be getting ready to breed?
 
I've had this fish for at least 6 months and it is much fatter then the other oto's. Everytime I see it it always has 2 other skinner ottos very close by. Could it be getting ready to breed?


i dont know too much about ottos bt thy are a social fish and will shoal together, sounds like one may be a happy eater !! a fat otto is a healthy well fed otto. i would guess the other 2 arnt eating as much as the fat one it is also v rare for ottos to breed in captivity.

its belived that ottos spawn much like the corydoras species, in that both fish form a "T" position, with the female pointing its snout towards the males anal fin.

have a little look HERE there is alot of info on this site inc the info ive mentionedd above.

Scott
 

Most reactions

Back
Top