Oto Or Cory

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
well I plan to start adding to my tank later this week but need to decide on what to add. I am between the following

3 oto (total of 5)
or
4 Cory (Peppered or Julii or Green)

Besides the bottom feeders I will have a single Molly in there with them at this time. After deciding my new bottom feeders and my tank stats check out I will decide what else to add but if anyone has ideas I would take them. My gf wants another Molly after I give the fry to a LFS. but would I still have any room left? I have 40 Gallons of filteration (20 gallon aqua clear and 25 gallon Fluval +2)
 
If this is for your 10 gallon, 4 medium sized cories will be getting close when you add in the molly. The filtration won't make the tank grow bigger.
 
I know it doesnt really allow me to stock more, Its mostly to say even if I go over a little that the water conditions will stay safe and the tank well keep up.

So Oto would be more ideal then? Also would 5 Oto and 2 Molly be pushing it? I hear that oto have somewhat of a low bio load. I keep lots of plants and wood in my tank.
 
If you plan to feed the otos every week with algae wafers, they should be fine. 4 corys should be fine in there as well, your tank is way understocked right now.
 
Hi mwood2 :)

Four Corys would be fine if your tank is fresh water. If you add salt for the molly, it would eventually weaken the corys.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top