Osmosis Unit

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I don't know if it is the same thing now. I have taken a couple more pics and one of the pipe that my dishwasher was connected to. Needs a bit of a clean up. We have good pressure on the cold water but I wouldn't know what it is.

3875189397_4500a4f5ea_b.jpg

3875189415_99550d0f9b_b.jpg

3875189429_0f4a95ce83_b.jpg

lol I was just about to post, saying that Rabbut might be right as upon closer inspection of the original picture it does look different at the base of that valve.... and you've kindly posted a close up :good:

Its not in fact a JG fitting then but a flush valve, so you are fine.

That chrome fitting is a washing machine tap valve. All you need is the 1/4" adapter and you can hook it up.

If you have room under the sink, you can mount the RO unit underneath and tap into the waste pipe for the waste water. Alternatively, you could drill an 8mm hole through the wall and run the 6mm pipe through it to the outside and use it for watering your garden or something.

I'm taking notice, I'm a she, Lynn :nod: How would you know if the membrane is broken?

Easiest way is with a TDS meter. It it's more than 1/100th of your tap water, try flushing the membrane for half an hour, then go back into normal mode and allow 1/2 an hour to settle down again before taking another reading. It it's not below that figure, it's new membrane time.

Considering you don't know the history of the unit, new filters all round are due to be sure you aren't damaging the membrane, and that the membrane is in full and proper working order :good:

All the best
Rabbut

Aww great, you two have been very helpfull, :good: I was just going to let the waste go down the drain but I will use it for the allotment instead, can the chickens and ducks drink it or will it be unsafe for them.
I will get a pressure gauge and a tds meter :good:

Most reactions

Back