Ordering Plants Online Advice?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Llegmore

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I really need to plant my 75 gallon central African biotope and, because I'm incredibly boring, I'm going for 100% anubias. I'm going to need A LOT of plants and I want a wide variety of types so that I can get different leaf sizes etc. I'm estimating around 30-40 individual plants to grow out and cover my hard-scape. (The bogwood I have takes up a lot of volume).

Although the 3 LFS' I go to normally get me high quality plants, there's no way I'm going to be able to get 30 nice specimens all at once so I'm thinking of ordering them in and just getting it done.

I've never bought plants, or fish, online before so I've no idea what companies to use. The Green Machine is a bit out of my price range. Can anyone recommend companies? Is it a good idea to buy online at all? I'm a little skeptic about not seeing the plants before purchase.

What I really want is a quick, reasonably-priced, good quality bulk buy so that I can get this tank planted in one go. I've been putting it off for about a year and it needs to be done.

Aquabid.com is good for plants. Find a shipper in your country and then you may want to ask them if you can buy in bulk from them.

Most shippers have great deals with bulk buys and will try to please you as best as possible.

But others have terrible deals and terrible personalities, so you never know.

Ebay might also be worth a look. Never know what you can find!

I'll check Aquabid and ebay out. A friend just recommended Aquaessentials to me as well.

Aquaessentials is good.  I've bought anubias from them before (heterophylla variety) and they do others.  The quality of the plants is very good and so is the shipping and service.

Last trading post and aquaessentials for me. Or asking on the forums. Best quality plants I've had have always been from the forums.

LFS's worth their salt will order stuff in for you if you ask. I've done that before as well.

haven't used any yet but have been pointed in the direction of

plantsalive.com - good reviews from friends. Any experiences on this forum?

I'm gna check out aquaessentials now

Edit: Wow price wise - aquaessentials is brilliant!! haha

Anyone used Planted Tanks before? Just noticed they're under new ownership.

Just ordered off aquaessentials! Glad I found this thread :p

ADW1988 said:
Just ordered off aquaessentials! Glad I found this thread
tongue2.gif

I'm curious to know, how was your purchasing experience?

Was really good actually, very impressed with the delivery speed and items. The Java moss on both pieces has flourished and the anubias looks healthy too.

Rang the aftersales too and was dealt with brilliantly. Highly recommend

U thinking of ordering from them?

ADW1988 said:
U thinking of ordering from them?

Not immediately but yes ... probably early next year.  My refugium is only lightly planted, so I'm thinking of bringing up a densely planted 30g separately to be later introduced as the new refugium.

Lunar Jetman said:

I would like to ask the same question.  They have a plant that I'm interested in that I can't get from AquaEssentials.

daizeUK said:

I would like to ask the same question.  They have a plant that I'm interested in that I can't get from AquaEssentials.
Just found out that its now run by a guy I've dealt with before via initially eBay. I did get some good quantity and quality of plants initially when he was first setting up. I didn't think he thought properly about postage so I was getting loads of stuff and paying pennies for postage but it was costing him up to £10 to post stuff!

Think he's more aware now and plus I have found a credit note I had from before when he couldn't get something in for me. Might give them a shot!

Did you place an order with them?  I'm about to try them out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back