Ordering Plants From Ebay

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

phantomlink

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some Java Fern, Water Sprite and Water Wisteria from asian sellers on Ebay, I was wondering if anyone knew what the duty was to import this if there was any going into Canada.  If its high, then I might just stick to a Canadian seller and pay the ridiculous high shipping fee

While on the subject, anyone have a decent list of aquatic plant sale sites?

Wouldn't it take forever to come through the post? I mean I doubt plants can last forever in a bag o:

I dunno what they do but all of these companies that sell them from Thailand are all 98-99% positive reviews.  I checked out the classifieds over on Plantedtank and might inquire there as well, but I really want Water Wisteria and I KNOW I cant buy any from the stores here

I got some they normally put a couple in extra all lived for me was worth it mine came from Malaysia

I've bought off a couple ebay sellers, one in particular sells a lot of mosses (especially marimo moss balls), but also deals in Java fern, anubias and crypts, as well as a lot of other plants.  The one user Im thinking of (I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to name them directly) I bought Java Fern, Anubias and Crypts from.  The Java Fern was above and beyond what I paid for.  The crypts were literally stalk and root, and took about 5 days to sprout.

The Anubias was dead-on-arrival, they reshipped, and second shipment was also dead-on-arrival, they gave me a full hassle-free refund.

My point; some things survive our mail system, others don't.  Make sure whichever company you deal with has an arrive-alive guarantee.

Ya I'm still doing some research, I found an amazing site with cheap plants thats based in the USA, but because of customs problems they dont ship to Canada anymore, made me sad

Most reactions

Back