Ordering Plants From Ebay

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

phantomlink

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some Java Fern, Water Sprite and Water Wisteria from asian sellers on Ebay, I was wondering if anyone knew what the duty was to import this if there was any going into Canada.  If its high, then I might just stick to a Canadian seller and pay the ridiculous high shipping fee

While on the subject, anyone have a decent list of aquatic plant sale sites?

Wouldn't it take forever to come through the post? I mean I doubt plants can last forever in a bag o:

I dunno what they do but all of these companies that sell them from Thailand are all 98-99% positive reviews.  I checked out the classifieds over on Plantedtank and might inquire there as well, but I really want Water Wisteria and I KNOW I cant buy any from the stores here

I got some they normally put a couple in extra all lived for me was worth it mine came from Malaysia

I've bought off a couple ebay sellers, one in particular sells a lot of mosses (especially marimo moss balls), but also deals in Java fern, anubias and crypts, as well as a lot of other plants.  The one user Im thinking of (I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to name them directly) I bought Java Fern, Anubias and Crypts from.  The Java Fern was above and beyond what I paid for.  The crypts were literally stalk and root, and took about 5 days to sprout.

The Anubias was dead-on-arrival, they reshipped, and second shipment was also dead-on-arrival, they gave me a full hassle-free refund.

My point; some things survive our mail system, others don't.  Make sure whichever company you deal with has an arrive-alive guarantee.

Ya I'm still doing some research, I found an amazing site with cheap plants thats based in the USA, but because of customs problems they dont ship to Canada anymore, made me sad

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back