Orca Tl-450 Anybody?

mm the tubing def helps the bubbles to directly pass straight upto the collection cup, but like i said theres still bubbles coming from the heater slit thigys!

.....can any1 suggest a way of blocking these? obv i already have my tank running so that aqua silicone stuff cant be used i dont think, mayb theres somethin similar which can b used whilst in the water?!?!?!?! :unsure:

* been away for a few days and decided to leave the light off, got back this morning and all that hair algae has more or less totally disappeared!
wonderin if too much light is causing it to grow!, although i seem to have quadroopled my amount of those small 'jelly fish' things (SO IM TOLD), almost seems that they're growing from the algae?! is this a possibility?!

2 part Epoxy can be used underwater, though it should be done in reasonably small ammounts. It attracts in a lot of oxygen and spits out CO2 while setting, potentially killing livestock due to oxygen starvation or carbon dioxide poisoning. It should be fine for plugging a couple of holes, but I wouldn't secure the entire rock stack with it in one go if livestock is in the tank already.... Keep surface agetation up while it setts and you should be fine if you have fish in, otherwise, no problem, nothing in there to kill while it sets :lol:

All the best
Rabbut

ah well good, will have to sorce some of that out then!
no i have no fish at the mo, just lr with a hermit crab which came from the rock so will plug the holes, do a water change then teat the water and get my cuc :)

quick post!....

did as suggested and bought some 2 part epoxy, filled the slits lovely, although the bubbles from the skimmer still remain, somehow i need to stop them from getting into the far left pump compartment as this is where they're comin from, and r being blown into the tank through the spray bar...any suggestions appreciated! :good:

added my cuc at the weekend, i now have a hermit crab, sally lightfoot crab, and 3 turbo snails, along with a few more smaller crabs which came with the lr.
my god r they good!!!!

all the hair algae has been totally eaten! the sand looks as clean as wen i put it in there! lol :hyper:

a few latest pics!:

cleanupcrew001aw2.jpg

anyone know what this is?? its just started growing on the side of my lr!
cleanupcrew003nw5.jpg

cleanupcrew005xb0.jpg

cleanupcrew006lm9.jpg

cleanupcrew007un1.jpg

also...anyone know what this is???
its about 25mm long and looks like a catterpillar! have been trying to get a pic of it for a month! but its sooooo fast!!!
it seems to burrow and dig a lot into the live rock, it has tiny legs like a catterpillar but no tail or anything, so guessing its no a mantis! :unsure: also has 2 antennas like a snail/slug, with black eyeballs at the end of each which wierdly move and look in diff directions at diff times!!!
cleanupcrew008ln6.jpg

as far as i know, crab's aren't really reef safe, especially hitchhiker ones though people have had success in reefs with certain species. the one is yours is something i would probably remove if it was in my tank.

all that said, i'm still new to this so i'd let others add on :)

That's a pretty big crab! Does it even have large pincers?

That first pic you asked about is a coral, maybe a porites or an encrusting montipora. Dunno what the green thing is, though the description actually sounds like a mantis. All green like that my guess would be a P ciliata

he looks quite big in that pic id have to agree, but he's actually only about 35mm all together, and no he has the tinyest lil pinchers!! lol
as to the green thing, i still have no idea! have researched the mantis and its 100% def not one! besides being green and similar in shape...its totally diff!

he looks quite big in that pic id have to agree, but he's actually only about 35mm all together, and no he has the tinyest lil pinchers!! lol
as to the green thing, i still have no idea! have researched the mantis and its 100% def not one! besides being green and similar in shape...its totally diff!

Maybe a nudibranch?

Seffie x

:fish:

thanks for the suggestion. checked out the images of the nudibranch on google...its def not that!
ah its really buggin me now! lol
found another wierd thing the other day, a large crab burried into the lr, it has a huge body with huge pinchers..yet the smallest legs ever! lol im tryin to get a pic of it but it only likes the dark! :rolleyes:

can anyone suggest a good way of blocking the bubbles made by the skimmer from entering the heater compartment?????

as said, the slits are filled now, done the job and stopped the bubbles from comin from there, now jus need to sort out the next one!

i havnt actually removed the skimmer yet, but im guessing theres a gap or something in the divider at the bottom to allow the water to pass through the chambers to the pump etc, so obv i cant totally block it off... :unsure: i duno what to do to stop it!!!!!!

Dunno about the skimmer. If you don't get a response, try PMing seffie or trod :)

ok so this weekend i popped down a local fs and asked about my skimmer..suggestion was...dont use it! lol
the guy had a few set up and showed me his, none of them had the skimmer running.
instead he just removed the filter foam and filled it with crushed lr and said it does all the work the skimmer does.
so that problems sorted!

a few weeks ago i added some pulsing xenia, christ it grows fast! it pulses constantly, not so much when the lights off tho!
but i know you can prune them, my question is..where do i cut it???? lol

Humm, that is one solution, yes, but LR won't do the job of a skimmer... You can run without a skimmer however :good:

mm that what he said, that quite a few pple run tanks without one.
is this an ok thing to do in my orca??

the only other option i was told was to put a clean foam pad in the skimmer compartment which will catch most of the bubbles.
but cant see that being a permanent thing really!

Most reactions

trending

Back