Orca 550

The shape of the rocks is really nice and when you start getting your corals which hopefully will be attached to rock then you will be able to cover a bit more of the black back ground (I hate the black back, mine is getting coraline on it now yeah).

The fish do look very sweet, so tiny - are the clowns tank bred?

Seffie x

:fish:

Looking good :good: As mentioned above dont worry about the algae it will sort itself out.

I had fun trying to get the peppermint shrimp out of the back compartments of my orca :)

Thanks for your comments,
sorry about the quality of the pictures they were done with a camera phone but I will take some more later which hopefully will look better.
It was my sister who got the clown fish out the back in the end after my 4 hours of trying it took her about 15 minutes.
The clowns are tank bred false perculas, they are friendly little fish they follow you around the tank and eat anything you put in there. My sisters 4 year old named them Nemo and Marlon and now thinks they are trying to get to the sea by the filter just like the film.

I've been busy with my camera phone again trying to take some better pictures but it isn't easy, you will notice I no longer have the firefish as he died so I am still deciding what fish to add so any ideas are welcome.
Here are my new ricordeas I just have to decide where to put them
Phonepictures015.jpg
Phonepictures008.jpg

The clowns playing
Phonepictures011.jpg

This is my attempt at getting a picture of the goby who hides as soon as he sees the camera
Phonepictures013.jpg

And finally my full tank shot
Phonepictures016.jpg

I have been trying to decide what fish to add next and would like some advice.
I have a watchman goby, 2 clownfish and a cleaner shrimp at the moment and am looking for something that will get along with these ok.
I like mandarins but I think iwill wait untill I get a bigger tank later in the year, yes I have decided to upgrade already :D
So for now I am thinking a firefish, a banjaii cardinal or green coral goby that I saw today for the first time.
Will there be any problems with these fish? I wasn't sure about mixing gobys.
Thanks in advance for any replys

Ok I have just been back to my nearest shop for another look and have decided I would like to add a banjaii cardinal, a green coral goby and another cleaner shrimp.
When I upgrade my tank I will add a mandarin and a firefish, does this sound ok?
Will these all be compatable with the fish I already have?
The trip wasn't wasted to the shop as I bought a toadstool and some pulsing xenia. I have to buy something while I'm there, I think I may be coming a little bit addicted to this hobby.

Sounds alright to me. Some people keep mandarins in small tanks. You can if you are prepared to culture/buy pods often enough to keep it fat

Yep sounds fine to me too :good: I have a mandarin in my orca 550 (as does seffie) I feed pods once a week and she's looking good :drool:

Thanks for your replys, I will get the coral goby at the weekend then and look out for a mandarin aswell.
Before that I have to get that clownfish out of the back filter again, I have been trying for an hour and a half now and I am now really fed up. If my sister gets home and gets him out in 10 minutes like last time she is going to be so smug.

Thanks for your replys, I will get the coral goby at the weekend then and look out for a mandarin aswell.
Before that I have to get that clownfish out of the back filter again, I have been trying for an hour and a half now and I am now really fed up. If my sister gets home and gets him out in 10 minutes like last time she is going to be so smug.

:rofl: I don't bother trying now, last time mine jumped over the back :rolleyes: I sent the old man in, the fish took one look at him and thought blow this and jumped back into the main tank himself :lol:

My sister is in full smug mode, after I tried to get that fish out of the back for 2 hours my sister done it in 3 minutes.
It just seems to swim into the net for her, I don't think her head can get any bigger.

I bought my green coral goby last week and he has settled in fine although he is more blue than green, he is very nice though when I actually see him.
Today I went back to the shop for another cleaner shrimp and a cardinal fish but was told the cardinal would eat the shrimp when it got bigger.
After wandering around the shop for half an hour I bought the shrimp and a purple firefish which looks fantastic. It is so much more confident than the firefish I had to start with, although the watchman goby has decided he doesn't like it and swims at him with his mouth wide open if he comes anywhere near his little cave. This is the same goby who hides from any snail that comes near him but with the firefish he has become very brave for the time being anyway.

Yes I love my purple firefish, he can be a bit agressive towards my yellow assessor though, nothing serious, and the yellow assessor just swims into his hole and hides till its safe to come out again :look:

Have you got any pictures?

Most reactions

Back