Orange Sharks 94 Litre Marine Attempt!

looks good

personally i'd remove the guard from the powerhead though as it make it quite directional

thanks,

doesnt it mean fish and shrimps ect. will get caught in it?

can see i happening, i have a couple of koralia 4s and they're so powerful I just can see anything bothering to actually swim into the mouth of it, with or without the guard

inverts are your main worry imo, but that guard won't stop a snail / nem getting in there if it's determined to

up to you, but imo, the wide area of water movement is one of the best features of the koralias

just took a quick look at my tank and the only thing ive spotted is a snail, its not in a well lit part so i cant tell you what it looks like but i know its a snail! about the size of a pea?

Nice looking OS.
One criticism though I would (if it were me) On the Aquascape be inclined to place the branch like tongan type rock at the bottom like reef rubble
leaving the more substantial rock for coral placement. Other than that I will look forward to how you go about your quest. I will keep lurking to see how things progress.
Regards
BigC

I hate this, i have so many fishy things i want to do. Not really considered Marine but after reading this i could quite easily get hooked.

which branch like one? I have quite a few lol

and axle you could quite easily get hooked its if you have enough money to spend on it, so far ive spent around £500 on this tank

i would take the guard of too, they wernt around back in the day when i bought my korlias and i never had problems.

all your branch like stuff im guessing bigc means its all tongan

looking good for 500 quid man wait till you get hooked on corals :p

i think i'm going to leave it scaped like it is for the moment as i quite like it

i keep delaying cleaning the sand and putting it in, but im hoping to do it today

ok did another test today:

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
PH: 8.2 :D

i'm happy that my pH has gone up so the levels are right to add my CUC now

my only problem is that ive had a lot of evapouration so my SG has shot up to 1.029, i'm getting a container of plain RO tommorow to top it up but this means that i should wait until my SG is settled before i get my CUC right?

Questions:

How long can i keep RO stored in a bucket?
Can i keep salted water stored in a bucket without a powerhead?

just bought a RO system from RO Man with a Y connector, tap connecter and 3 ball valves...tbh i have no idea how to work it and i hope it says in the instructions :lol:

answers to the questions above would be greatly appreciated :D

RO water can be kept for months if it's covered.

If seawater is left standing, it should be stirred by a powerhead for a while before using it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back