Opinions On Hardscape Placement..

johnhutch2000

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just put these in position today, before I continue I'd like some opinions on how the placement looks.
The rock type is an experiment I believe it's limestone but water tests after a week or so will let me know if I'm wrong. Let me know if you think X could be moved left or right or forward a bit
Cheers J

Just realised I can't upload from an iPhone, pictures to follow when I make this work:)

And now the pictures that I wanted to upload before...
Any thoughts on moving them around much appreciated.
IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

Thats it for now. let me know :)

i quite like it, ive always loved the natural look to tanks, wood or rock, i have wood because im too wimpy to try rock :rolleyes:

i quite like it, ive always loved the natural look to tanks, wood or rock, i have wood because im too wimpy to try rock :rolleyes:
Yeah I was a bit concerned about the the tall rock on the right. If that fell over I think there would be a small leakage problem. It seems sturdy at the moment though I hope that roots of plants will hold the subtrate together a bit too when it's planted up. Fingers crossed.

could you chisle a bit off to make it smaller if your worried it might topple

I love this start!! I am worried that the rocks on the left may get too lost behind plants and I like their positioning. Really nice. :good:

I love this start!! I am worried that the rocks on the left may get too lost behind plants and I like their positioning. Really nice. :good:
Thanks Fanatic, I might give the left hand side a re-arrange if you think it'll get buried. (no point in having em if you can't see them!)
Maybe pull them forward a bit, what would you do?

could you chisle a bit off to make it smaller if your worried it might topple
I thought about that, but now it's leant on the one behind it feels pretty solid. I'll see what it feels like when submersed and if it moves it's getting a hammer taken to it ;)
Thanks for taking the time to have a look :)

You could try that, pulling em forward a bit. if you plant so they just peek through, you'll keep the effect. :good:

You could try that, pulling em forward a bit. if you plant so they just peek through, you'll keep the effect. :good:
That I shall do, I'm aiming to start planting today or tomorrow but just borrowed a canister filter temporarily until I move my lot out and change back to my filter. Problem is it used to be n a reef so it's going to need so much cleaning and I soaking until its free of all the salt. Hey ho, it'll save my old tank any discomfort in the long run :)

see that large rock on the right...bring it in to the left about an inch, then tip it right a few more degrees, pointing outwards. :good:

see that large rock on the right...bring it in to the left about an inch, then tip it right a few more degrees, pointing outwards. :good:
Done, thanks. And planted up too now. Will upload some photos when on the right kind of gadget.
Now time to play the waiting game...

Hi well it's all planted up now. What do you think? Still time for adjustments. Bare in mind a black background is going on it too. :)
Photo%2002-07-2012%2018%2029%2034.jpg

Just after planting
Photo%2004-07-2012%2018%2036%2026.jpg

After 2 days + a few more plants
Hope these work ;)

correct me if I am wrong but limestone isn't good in fish tanks!!!!!!!!!!!. Check a piece with with vinegar see if it reacts.
sand stone also affects water balance.

Looks good though. :good:

correct me if I am wrong but limestone isn't good in fish tanks!!!!!!!!!!!. Check a piece with with vinegar see if it reacts.
sand stone also affects water balance.

Looks good though. :good:
Hiya, yeah I was wrong, it isn't limestone or sandstone apparently it's something called Derbyshire grit stone. No clue what it does to water quality so will have to do water tests and see what the outcome is. If the chemistrys all clear in a week or two Ill add some of my mollies as a test. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for looking :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back